Used 2005 Suzuki Aerio Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Suzuki Aerio Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aerio model:

Great Car!
By suz21

2005 Suzuki Aerio Sedan S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car new. In the first two years, the brakes needing changing out a couple of times, & I am not a heavy brake user--but once I had ceramic brakes installed, no more problems. Apart from that, I've had zero problems with it for the most part. Very reliable. I am at 80,000 miles and it runs like a dream. Only complaint I have at this point is living in Pacific Northwest & wet winters causes my car to slide about on slick roads if I have to stop too fast. It doesn't have a lot of road traction, and I've been told due its light weight. The tires are good winter tires, and I've only had to replace them two times.

2.3 liter engine. Great pickup! Roomy interior & lots of head space. Comfy seating. Reliability.

Better road traction on wet roads! Higher curb clearance--too low and caution is needed while parking.

Extremely Dangerous on Highways
By khunt2

2005 Suzuki Aerio Sedan S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

The 2005 Suzuki Aerio is a danger on the highways because the front axles may suddenly break without warning!! In July 2011 while in a parking lot about to make a left turn from a stopped position, the left front axle broke. The dealer's shop replaced Control Arm only. Two weeks later, went someplace else & had wheels aligned because car vibrating badly. Found CV joint damaged & boot ripped. CV joint replaced Sept. 2012. Oct. 2012, while stopped at a corner about to make a right turn, the right front axle broke. Called Suzuki in Calif. but they aren't interested in the danger. Owners should stay off of highways and have front end carefully checked at once under strong light.

All Aerio owners should have front end checked carefully as soon as possible, paying special attention to the axles - including all bolts. Replacement of the front Stabilizer bar and all bolts in front assembly should be strongly considered, with replacement of the axles and balance of entire front assembly to follow as soon as possible. Dated record should be kept of all repairs. Front Stabilizer bar, axles and all bolts in front assembly should be replaced at least every five years.

ENIGNE, TRANSMISSION & PAINT
By Bonzar

2005 Suzuki Aerio Sedan S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car is junk. At less than 100,000km the paint began to chip, the muffler and exhaust rotted completely, went through 2 sets of tires, and im pretty sure my rotars are long overdue. At 105,000km, I had the engine replaced because of a manufacturers defect. A Piston rod snapped firing the remaining pieces through my block, into the oil pan. At 120,000km, My transmission goes (M.T.). My synchros is finished causing severe grinding when decelerating during a downshift. The stock battery is terrible. I left my stereo on for 10 minutes while the car was off. DEAD. My airbag light came on at 85,000km. The road noise is terrible, the electrical motors in the windows are failing. enuf said?

... stereo? Acceleration?

... READ above

Megamega Tire Eater
By Joe

2005 Suzuki Aerio Sedan LX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Our car eats tires. We also lost our AWD. Our dealer has fixed the viscous coupler joint and aligned the tires. We still have a serious vibration at 55 mph and above. Our current tires are wearing fast.

We bought the car.

The Aerio has serious drive train design problems.

Tire Eating Machine
By Jose Hernandez

2005 Suzuki Aerio Sedan LX Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car has eaten three sets of tires in 70,000 miles. Something is wrong with the rear end. The dealer says that nothing is wrong, yet it eats tires. I'm on my 4th set of tires, good tires Michelen's Symmetri. It also has worn out Goodyears and two sets of Bridgestones.

• SUV