2005 Suzuki Aerio Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aerio model:
Extremely Dangerous on Highways
By khunt2 on 10/23/12 22:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Aerio Sedan S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

The 2005 Suzuki Aerio is a danger on the highways because the front axles may suddenly break without warning!! In July 2011 while in a parking lot about to make a left turn from a stopped position, the left front axle broke. The dealer's shop replaced Control Arm only. Two weeks later, went someplace else & had wheels aligned because car vibrating badly. Found CV joint damaged & boot ripped. CV joint replaced Sept. 2012. Oct. 2012, while stopped at a corner about to make a right turn, the right front axle broke. Called Suzuki in Calif. but they aren't interested in the danger. Owners should stay off of highways and have front end carefully checked at once under strong light.

ENIGNE, TRANSMISSION & PAINT
By Bonzar on 09/01/09 17:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Aerio Sedan S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car is junk. At less than 100,000km the paint began to chip, the muffler and exhaust rotted completely, went through 2 sets of tires, and im pretty sure my rotars are long overdue. At 105,000km, I had the engine replaced because of a manufacturers defect. A Piston rod snapped firing the remaining pieces through my block, into the oil pan. At 120,000km, My transmission goes (M.T.). My synchros is finished causing severe grinding when decelerating during a downshift. The stock battery is terrible. I left my stereo on for 10 minutes while the car was off. DEAD. My airbag light came on at 85,000km. The road noise is terrible, the electrical motors in the windows are failing. enuf said?

Megamega Tire Eater
By Joe on 03/29/07 08:01 AM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Aerio Sedan LX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Our car eats tires. We also lost our AWD. Our dealer has fixed the viscous coupler joint and aligned the tires. We still have a serious vibration at 55 mph and above. Our current tires are wearing fast.

Tire Eating Machine
By Jose Hernandez on 03/12/07 13:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Aerio Sedan LX Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car has eaten three sets of tires in 70,000 miles. Something is wrong with the rear end. The dealer says that nothing is wrong, yet it eats tires. I'm on my 4th set of tires, good tires Michelen's Symmetri. It also has worn out Goodyears and two sets of Bridgestones.

Exellent Car
By dhenderson on 05/13/06 15:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Aerio Sedan S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My husband and I have owned two Aerios. The first we bought used, and bought the second when we traded in the used Aerio because we wanted some of the updated features it had. The Aerio has been nothing but reliable. It had great acceleration and is agile and superbly handles city and highway traffic. It's easy to back out and park like a small car but has almost the interior space of a touring sedan. It's more attractive than much of its competition and offers a comparable or better engine to boot.

Lucky Lady
By Kim on 04/24/06 08:11 AM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Aerio Sedan LX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I named my Aerio "Lucky Lady." It's been months and I'm still crazy about driving it. I'm a regional store manager, and drive little winding mountain roads every day. I upgraded the factory tires with Yokohama TRZ and have had no problem getting to my distant store in snow or ice. I never miss work! My passengers are always amazed by the comfort and roominess of the interior. My boss loves my trunk space. He is always loading me down with cases of drinks. Anyone ever heard of Old Fort Mountain in NC? My Lucky Lady loaded with drinks, can do 60+ over it and I pass everyone. Its great gas mileage is a bonus in times like this.

Affordable Fun Car!
By slsawyer on 01/30/06 23:39 PM (PST)

2005 Suzuki Aerio Sedan S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

The Suzuki Aerio wasn't my first choice, but it was definitely the right choice! It has a roomy interior and lots of head room. It is great for going uphill with overdrive off. I am still breaking in the gas mileage rate. The first comments from everyone who sees it is "Cute!" So far it has been very reliable. I put it in the league with Honda/Toyota, only affordable. The interior seat fabric could be upgraded though. Also, the sway bar and passenger mirror had to be replaced right away, but that has been the only problem. I love this car!

Will Buy Another One...
By Lynn on 01/16/06 17:12 PM (PST)

2005 Suzuki Aerio Sedan LX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this Suzuki Aerio for our college daughter who was not happy as she had been driving a Audi A4 quattro. We also have an A6 quattro. The Audis have been unreliable and expensive. We will never buy one again! We were happily surprised to find an affordable AWD car to replace our daughter's A4. I only drove in the car when we first purchased it, from CT to FL. It has a super ride! It's roomy, comfy, and has nice dash controls w/great placement! The cloth seats are awesome! Our daughter thinks it is "cheap", but she was spoiled driving an Audi. She says that the AWD doesn't feel like it works, so I recommend you test drive the AWD in rain/snow if possible as I can't confirm daughter's complaint. I do know that I want my own Aerio.

Best Little Car Around
By miliboi84 on 09/02/05 20:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Aerio Sedan S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Great Car, it gives you everything you need with only a few drawbacks. Besides the cheap interior plastics, it is great. Room in the front and back seats are good, storage is great, performance is good, and finally it is fun to drive.

Good Bang for Your Buck
By AL on 08/28/05 16:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Aerio Sedan S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Overall, this car is excellent for its price. It sure has power and can haul some butt on the road. At first, you may not expect it to be too great for being a new car on the market, but try it and you'll end up liking it.