Used 2005 Suzuki Aerio Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Suzuki Aerio - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aerio model:

Great Car!
By suz21

2005 Suzuki Aerio S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car new. In the first two years, the brakes needing changing out a couple of times, & I am not a heavy brake user--but once I had ceramic brakes installed, no more problems. Apart from that, I've had zero problems with it for the most part. Very reliable. I am at 80,000 miles and it runs like a dream. Only complaint I have at this point is living in Pacific Northwest & wet winters causes my car to slide about on slick roads if I have to stop too fast. It doesn't have a lot of road traction, and I've been told due its light weight. The tires are good winter tires, and I've only had to replace them two times.

2.3 liter engine. Great pickup! Roomy interior & lots of head space. Comfy seating. Reliability.

Better road traction on wet roads! Higher curb clearance--too low and caution is needed while parking.

Wish I could buy another!!
By leigh2

2005 Suzuki Aerio SX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon w/ABS (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this in January '08 with 35k miles on it. After having a Caravan & Suburban..... I could not be happier!! It is finally getting ready for semi-retirement with 206k miles on it. I drive 500-700 miles/week. Outside of regular routine maintenance {Oil changes, tires, brakes, transmission flushes} I have no other issues with this car until recently and that would be due to "old age." The seats are not that comfortable for my frame but I have enjoyed every minute of this car. The cargo space is unbelievable for the size! I can fit 2 people, 2 - 90 lb. dogs and gear for an overnight hiking trip without issue. I'd go for the SX4 in a heartbeat if they hadn't made it smaller.

Cargo space, fuel economy, fun to drive

bring it back!

Extremely Dangerous on Highways
By khunt2

2005 Suzuki Aerio S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

The 2005 Suzuki Aerio is a danger on the highways because the front axles may suddenly break without warning!! In July 2011 while in a parking lot about to make a left turn from a stopped position, the left front axle broke. The dealer's shop replaced Control Arm only. Two weeks later, went someplace else & had wheels aligned because car vibrating badly. Found CV joint damaged & boot ripped. CV joint replaced Sept. 2012. Oct. 2012, while stopped at a corner about to make a right turn, the right front axle broke. Called Suzuki in Calif. but they aren't interested in the danger. Owners should stay off of highways and have front end carefully checked at once under strong light.

All Aerio owners should have front end checked carefully as soon as possible, paying special attention to the axles - including all bolts. Replacement of the front Stabilizer bar and all bolts in front assembly should be strongly considered, with replacement of the axles and balance of entire front assembly to follow as soon as possible. Dated record should be kept of all repairs. Front Stabilizer bar, axles and all bolts in front assembly should be replaced at least every five years.

Heck of a car
By deg

2005 Suzuki Aerio SX Fwd 4dr Sport Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Bought used with 48,000 miles on it, now well over 140,000 on it and other then tires and brakes this car runs perfect. Best little car I have ever owned

comfortable seats,great sound system

bring it back in this form

ENIGNE, TRANSMISSION & PAINT
By Bonzar

2005 Suzuki Aerio S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car is junk. At less than 100,000km the paint began to chip, the muffler and exhaust rotted completely, went through 2 sets of tires, and im pretty sure my rotars are long overdue. At 105,000km, I had the engine replaced because of a manufacturers defect. A Piston rod snapped firing the remaining pieces through my block, into the oil pan. At 120,000km, My transmission goes (M.T.). My synchros is finished causing severe grinding when decelerating during a downshift. The stock battery is terrible. I left my stereo on for 10 minutes while the car was off. DEAD. My airbag light came on at 85,000km. The road noise is terrible, the electrical motors in the windows are failing. enuf said?

... stereo? Acceleration?