2005 Suzuki Aerio - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aerio model:
Great Car!
By suz21 on 11/02/14 16:45 PM (PST)

2005 Suzuki Aerio S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car new. In the first two years, the brakes needing changing out a couple of times, & I am not a heavy brake user--but once I had ceramic brakes installed, no more problems. Apart from that, I've had zero problems with it for the most part. Very reliable. I am at 80,000 miles and it runs like a dream. Only complaint I have at this point is living in Pacific Northwest & wet winters causes my car to slide about on slick roads if I have to stop too fast. It doesn't have a lot of road traction, and I've been told due its light weight. The tires are good winter tires, and I've only had to replace them two times.

Wish I could buy another!!
By leigh2 on 06/10/13 10:45 AM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Aerio SX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon w/ABS (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this in January '08 with 35k miles on it. After having a Caravan & Suburban..... I could not be happier!! It is finally getting ready for semi-retirement with 206k miles on it. I drive 500-700 miles/week. Outside of regular routine maintenance {Oil changes, tires, brakes, transmission flushes} I have no other issues with this car until recently and that would be due to "old age." The seats are not that comfortable for my frame but I have enjoyed every minute of this car. The cargo space is unbelievable for the size! I can fit 2 people, 2 - 90 lb. dogs and gear for an overnight hiking trip without issue. I'd go for the SX4 in a heartbeat if they hadn't made it smaller.

Extremely Dangerous on Highways
By khunt2 on 10/23/12 22:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Aerio S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

The 2005 Suzuki Aerio is a danger on the highways because the front axles may suddenly break without warning!! In July 2011 while in a parking lot about to make a left turn from a stopped position, the left front axle broke. The dealer's shop replaced Control Arm only. Two weeks later, went someplace else & had wheels aligned because car vibrating badly. Found CV joint damaged & boot ripped. CV joint replaced Sept. 2012. Oct. 2012, while stopped at a corner about to make a right turn, the right front axle broke. Called Suzuki in Calif. but they aren't interested in the danger. Owners should stay off of highways and have front end carefully checked at once under strong light.

Heck of a car
By deg on 09/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Aerio SX Fwd 4dr Sport Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Bought used with 48,000 miles on it, now well over 140,000 on it and other then tires and brakes this car runs perfect. Best little car I have ever owned

ENIGNE, TRANSMISSION & PAINT
By Bonzar on 09/01/09 17:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Aerio S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car is junk. At less than 100,000km the paint began to chip, the muffler and exhaust rotted completely, went through 2 sets of tires, and im pretty sure my rotars are long overdue. At 105,000km, I had the engine replaced because of a manufacturers defect. A Piston rod snapped firing the remaining pieces through my block, into the oil pan. At 120,000km, My transmission goes (M.T.). My synchros is finished causing severe grinding when decelerating during a downshift. The stock battery is terrible. I left my stereo on for 10 minutes while the car was off. DEAD. My airbag light came on at 85,000km. The road noise is terrible, the electrical motors in the windows are failing. enuf said?

Much more than expected
By Jess on 10/14/08 14:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Aerio SX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the Aerio SX after surgery because it allowed easy in and out access, and have ended up falling in love with it over the last four years! This car is exceptionally well made (the Japanese are famous for this!) and outperforms many of the more expensive autos I've owned such as Volvo, BMW, Cadillac, VW and MG. Great gas mileage, ultra reliable, has remained tight and rattle free, and shows little wear over the years. Yes, the front bumper is low, and I'd prefer larger tires, but hey, overall no complaints at all with this little gem! The anti-lock brakes and AWD are life savers over and over again. Transmission smooth as silk. Best value for reasonable price!

Poor tires, brakes, and shocks
By BrianS on 06/10/08 13:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Aerio SX Fwd 4dr Sport Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The car is amiable. But I had to change all 4 tires at 18000k's and the front disc brakes at 30,000k and I was told the rear shocks are on their way out. To say nothing about the sticking shifter. At 70 years of age, I am hardly a cowboy behind the wheel.

Many repair issues
By Ava Todd on 03/05/08 12:34 PM (PST)

2005 Suzuki Aerio SX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I like the look of my car but the amount of times I have had to have it repaired (many times for the wheel bearings) and number of tires and other mechanical problems I would not recommend it to anyone. I have been a proud owner of 3 Suzukis before this one. I will not recommend anyone to buy these anymore. This has been a nightmare, including the Suzuki repair service causing more problems also. I am also only getting 17 miles to the gallon and my cruise control doesn't work either.

2005 suzuki Aerio Sx. Not a happy camper
By Tim on 04/23/07 22:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Aerio SX Fwd 4dr Sport Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I can honestly say I felt the same way most of the other reviewers felt on this site about there Aerios when I first purchased the car however 36,000 miles later and its a much different feeling. My Aerio has went through 3 sets of tires which were rotated at 5,000 mile intervals. The front sway bar bushings have been replaced.One week later the squeaking is back. More squeaks in the dash. Paint is not very good. Easy to scratch when opening the doors .They do buff out but the chips on the hood do not. I am very disappointed in the car.I thought it would hold up better.The suspension is terrible on this car.Too many squeaks and rattles .I guess you get what you pay for. Not Recommended

Lots of Up Keep
By aggirl on 04/13/07 20:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Aerio SX Fwd 4dr Sport Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My car eats my tires. 6 new tires in 2 years! I have to rotate them about every 2,000 miles or they will shred in no time. I have had to replace the brakes twice, both after only 8-10,000 miles, last time I paid up and replaced them outside of the dealership for big money and that seems to be helping. It feels unreliable, I won't drive it long distances as I don't trust my tires on road trips. Needed a new belt at 15, 000 miles and the paint chips off super easy. I would love to love this car because it is so super comfy, tons of room and easy to drive, but it has drained my wallet, it takes more to keep it running than it's worth. Perhaps I got lemon.

1 2 3 4 5 next »