2004 Suzuki Aerio Consumer Review: Stone-axe dependable

2004 Suzuki Aerio - Consumer Review

SX Wagon (2.3L 4-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic)

Stone-axe dependable
By Tom Merrill on

2004 Suzuki Aerio SX AWD 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I grew up riding and racing Suzuki motorcycles and other than basic maintenance found them very reliable, fast and fun. When my wife and I could no longer stand being a one car family, and the monthly payment on our Honda mini-van was becoming unbearable, we went shopping. I'd been keeping my eye on the Suzuki automobile offerings for the previous year or two and was quite smitten with the unique styling, AWD, fully loaded Suzuki Aerio SX wagon. We shopped around and bought two AWD Aerios which drive great (especially in the snow) can carry alot and, just as I found with their motorcycles, very reliable. Gas prices? I drive just as much as I please, loving my Suzuki, in any weather. We dig our Suzukis!

Unique body styling (heard desiners are in Italy). Fold down the rear seats and it's like a little mini-van. It holds way more than it looks capable of. Absolutely a great car to drive in the snow (credit the AWD) And did I mention how reliable it is? Very, very reliable. Typical Suzuki.

Could be a little more powerful or get slightly better mpg (for a 4 cyl.) If it had a switch to 2wd and wasn't AWD all the time, that would probably achieve both. More thought could be put into the cup holders (esp those up front) as they are wide & shallow and cups fall right out when you turn.