Used 2004 Suzuki Aerio Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Suzuki Aerio Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aerio model:

Very Bad Paint
By Jessie0405

2004 Suzuki Aerio Sedan S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had trouble with the paint job in the first year and again now. Paint chipped in places that would not normally be touched by hands, rocks or anything else for that matter. On the trunk edges, by the driverside back window. Large chips that rusted. Many tiny rust spots. Big ones were fixed at the local dealership. Told it could be the pearlized paint as it is softer than normal. Having the same problems again. Chips in the paint that are rusting, tiny pinholes all over that are rusted. Took it back to dealer, they advised me that was normal wear and tear. It is not!!! They just want me to buy a new car. Left dealership very unhappy!

Great Car
By Brunson

2004 Suzuki Aerio Sedan LX Fwd 4dr Sedan w/ABS (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my car about 2 years ago, and I have not had a speck of trouble with it. Only service that I had done to my car is getting regular oil changes; whoops! A tank of gas cost me less then $20.00, and it last me about three weeks around about town; it last me about a week in a have going from Harford Co. to Balto.City to work 5 days a week. It's a Great CAR!!!!!

gas mileage

none

Not impressed
By lugster

2004 Suzuki Aerio Sedan S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

This was my first new car purchase.6 months later,started having problems w/ transmission.1st-Replaced parts,2nd- entire trans.assembly,& on way the way home from service dept.had problems w/ 5th gear(all under warranty).Don't know if problems are Suzuki related or service dept. related,b/c service dept.is not reliable and provides the worst customer service I have ever experienced--have not contacted us in 3 months with issues we have brought 2 their attention(the service manager drove the car w/5th gear prob.!)Think the interior plastic is very poor quality & scratches easily.Feel like if keep the car long-term, it will fall apart very early.

The looks of the car are great. It does have a lot of interior room space.

A lot! Make interior door panels & dash better quality. Fix power train problems. Make sure Port City Nissan (the appointed service dept. for Port City Suzuki buyers) does a better job taking care of your consumers.

Liked my Elantra, LOVE this car.
By 5spdlvr

2004 Suzuki Aerio Sedan S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I am so happy with my Aerio. I had doubts having never owned a Suzuki, but I'm glad I took a chance. I am baffled by Edmunds reviews, which are, in large part, luke-warm. But I read other great reviews and test drove it anyway. I traded my '02 Elantra for my Aerio. The Elantra,it was comfortable, a good value and performer. But the Aerio has more personality, HP and better safety scores. As for the handling being "sloppy"....not so, it does lean a lil more at times than the Elantra (taller profile) but it grips the road as well. The steering feel is similar.... nimble with being too light. Getting in and out of the Aerio is easier too

I love the way the car looks.. not initially....it grows on you fast. I also love the power...can you say WEEEEEEEEE!

Better brakeing power and more in-cabin storage compartments.

Dont waste your money
By Rae3811

2004 Suzuki Aerio Sedan S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I absolutly hate this car, and am sorry I ever decided to buy it. As my first *NEW* car it was very affordable, but thats about it. Handles very poorly, Interior is made of cheap quality. Theres no storage space save for glove compartment. Windshield wipers move either to fast or to slow. Build is not very aero-dynamic makes for a shakey ride.

Comfortable and Roomy. Large trunk.

Scrap it a try again.