Used 2004 Suzuki Aerio Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Suzuki Aerio - Consumer Reviews

2004 Suzuki Aerio

View reviews for a specific Aerio model:

My Suzuki is the worst purchase ever
By dawn martin

2004 Suzuki Aerio SX Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My Suzuki Aerio is not even two years old. and we have had it in the shop 8 times now. We are talking major stuff here. The transmission has been changed,along with the head and new pistons. The front axle fell out while my husband was on the interstate. We had the car one month and it went in the shop for the first time. My advice, don't buy this car. We are being told there is nothing we can do about the car. This was by the district manager.

Favorite Features

The only thing that I like about the car now is the interior.

Suggested Improvements

You don't want to know what I think on this.

Great Car
By McPeek

2004 Suzuki Aerio SX Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car and with gas prices continuing to rise it is very affordable!

Favorite Features

I love the way it looks and so does everyone else, I get comments all the time on the style and color of this car. (electric blue)

Suggested Improvements

The only improvement I would make would be that to add an armrest on the passenger side front seat.

A Car For Any Season
By 13Edge

2004 Suzuki Aerio SX AWD 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

If you are looking for 0-60 acceleration or fast and furious performance, don't get an AWD Aerio. The automatic tranny just won't allow it. The interior is well designed with the controls for everything placed just right. The car is very comfortable for my 6'3" 280 lb. frame. The factory radio is incredible and with the rear seats folded down I can fit more things in this than the old S-10 Blazer I had. This car really shines in bad weather. It handles snow and rain like a champ, and it eats up country dirt roads. All in all, with the interior room, all weather capability, and storage space, you almost feel like you are driving an SUV... except this has more standard features that most SUVs.

Favorite Features

The factory sound system is incredible. AWD makes the Aerio a true all-season performer. The people/cargo room is competitive with most small SUVs. Little things, like factory driving lights, rear wiper, adjustable up/down seats, split rear seat, etc., just makes you think Suzuki actually cares.

Suggested Improvements

A sunroof option would be nice, but from what I hear it's not possible due to safety beams or something. And the tires are terrible. The prone to losing air Yokohama Geolanders may get you 18,000 miles if you're lucky. Everyone I know switches to Kumho's. Maybe have the Solus or Ecsta be the factory tire.

Great All Wheel Drive
By Scotty

2004 Suzuki Aerio SX AWD 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I drive my Suzuki Aerio SX mostly for the 11 city highway miles to work. I took it up the mountain to snow ski and it exceeded all expectations on icy roads. We got 3 snowboards, a pair of skis, and four people inside comfortably. If you are used to high-powered imports, then this car will disappoint, but all four wheels really take you around the corners quickly even when conditions are bad.

Favorite Features

I love the AWD, 100,000 mile warranty, and tall / roomy interior.

Suggested Improvements

Install a transmission that lets the 155hp's run. Better struts would make this 3,000 lb. car handle properly at high speeds. Why are tinted windows not an option?

Never Again
By Mindy

2004 Suzuki Aerio S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2004 Suzuki Aerio S in 6/04. From week one I have had nothing but problems with the suspension. My car creaks and clunks in the front and rear. I took it back to the dealer several times for service and was always told the carriage bolts were loose and were tightened. This went on about every three months. Next was the noise from the brakes, then the radio went out and was replaced, gas peddle stuck and throttle was replaced. My car's suspension is still making all these noises and dealer states again all Aerio's do this. For some reason, the radio does not work when rear defroster is on. Now the car's front wheel bearings had to be replaced. The suspension still makes all kinds of noises. I have a lawyer handling my car as a lemon.

Favorite Features

Only things that are nice about this car are the good gas millage, getting in and out, and the comfortable seats.

Suggested Improvements

Give it a better suspension and a quieter engine. The rear defroster and radio should work at the same time. The windshield wipers need to be improved so you do not have to get out and remove snow from them. They are too weak.