2004 Suzuki Aerio - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aerio model:
Midsize Manners
By andy on 07/19/05 19:43 PM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Aerio S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

A significant improvement over the 2000 Esteem which I traded in. So far: 7000 smooth, fun/peppy, trouble-free miles. As smooth as a Camry and quieter than a Civic sedan on highway. Solid handling even in inclement weather. Handling in high gusty wind is manageble and not troublesome. I have the off-white pearl color which hides dirt well. So far, no paint issues. Stereo is hi-fi quality, not sizzly/boomy. AC cooling is adequate. Engine tends to ping in hot weather (85% plus) under load conditions (hills with AC on, or steep hills in general). 89 Octane alleviates problem. Otherwise runs fine on 87 octane. Why are the critics so down on this car? I wonder if they've actually driven the sedan

Still feels like new
By misskellu on 07/12/05 15:29 PM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Aerio S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Aerio S new in Dec 2003 and still enjoy driving it as much as I did the first week. It's small and easy to park but feels roomy inside. Its high profile makes it comfortable to get in and out and also provides good visibility. I'm tall and it's the first compact that I've had where I didn't feel like my backside is dragging on the ground while I'm driving or that I have to fall into the seat and haul myself out. I can pretty much just step in & out. The handling is decent on the freeway I have no problem accellerating to pass. The engine is very quiet while idling and has a nice lil growl when you punch it. I live in a hilly city and the automatic scales them with ease.

2004 Suzuki Aerio Review
By thom on 04/21/05 12:59 PM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Aerio SX AWD 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

After driving my '04 Suzuki Aerio around the city for the last year I decided to take a small road trip, from Portland to Phoenix and back again through L.A. I experienced absolutely no problems and had a comfortable ride. The high winds had no effect on the drive, despite the side gust warning in the owner's manual. I made the same trip in a Toyota Echo a couple of years ago and almost ended up in a ditch several times.

ZOOM, Zoom, zoom...boom, boom, boom
By balddaddy on 04/17/05 23:32 PM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Aerio S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the cheapest no frills car I could find for my 40 mile/day round trip commute. Couldn't find a decent used car so I took all the incentives (military, graduate, end of model year...) and got this Aerio for under 10K! Wow, what a surprise, the stereo sounds awesome and the five speed manual has alot of pep. I bought the optional roof rack and now I carry a 12 foot kayak on the roof every weekend. Definitely a fun, reliable, economical ride, and I even had a kid say "cool car" to me... This care definitely supports my hobbies and budget

Compact Car with a Midsize Feel
By InHighEsteem on 04/16/05 23:37 PM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Aerio S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Original owner, 4000 enjoyable and trouble free miles. Previously owned an Esteem. That was a good small car but this is a significant improvement all around. Tall drivers should try it. Feels very secure in inclement weather. Really not a problem in high wind. No paint problems on this one (white pearl color). My first digital dash and adjusted easily to it. AC is adequate for me but some people may need more. So far mileage is low to mid 30's on highway and mid 20's round town. Fortunately this car runs just fine on Kroger 87 octane. So save your pennies!

Great Little Car
By luvmysuzuki on 03/02/05 21:57 PM (PST)

2004 Suzuki Aerio LX Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After an accident rendered my wife's Escort undriveable we decided to replace it with something just as economical but we wanted something with a little more pizzaz.We didn't have a lot of money to spend so the Corollas and Civics were priced out of our range.We briefly considered a Hyundai or Kia but just didn't get the warm fuzzy feeling with them.As soon as we sat in the Aerio we were hooked.The headroom is massive (enough to accomodate a six foot tall person with inches to spare).There are more standard features on this car than you can shake a stick at (AC,6 disc CD,PW,PDL and heated mirrors are standard!).We average almost 30 MPG and as far as power....Buckle up and hang on!!!

Snow Eater / Summer Racer
By IBOT on 12/30/04 09:36 AM (PST)

2004 Suzuki Aerio SX AWD 4dr Wagon w/ABS (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Suzuki Aerio. I have not had any problems with it. We had snow last week it is fantastic in the slick stuff. I wish the interior came in a differant color though. More storage would be nice as well. The climate control works very well. The heated mirrors are a very nice touch. For the price no one can touch it. Plus it has a great warranty.

The Best Little Car
By mutantboy84 on 10/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Aerio S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Great little car, probably the best I have ever owned. It has great performance and is fun to drive. It is also very reliable. Only problem is that it could use a little more leg room in the front.

Fun!
By WSU on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Aerio SX Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle has a great little boost for passing, easy to park, seats 4 adult fairly comfortably, suprising head room...my husband is 6ft. tall and has plenty of room.

Not Perfect But I Love It!
By indiecds on 10/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Aerio SX AWD 4dr Wagon w/ABS (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Bought w/10,000 miles on it and have driven it 5,000. The car handles fine for me. Each driver needs to decide their own priorities. Two of the Yokohama 195/55R15s wore out in 15,000 miles. This size tire cost $100 at most locations so I changed to 14 inch size designated for the base S model with 185/65R14 tires that are 1/3 the cost and warranteed for more miles. While this does reduce handling it improves the ride & seems more practical if you view this car as an economy AWD vehicle. Viewing it as a sporty AWD vehicle requires sticking with the 15 in wheels & tires. Running lights are too easy to mistake for headlights on. Should be an audible warning when low fuel light comes on.