Used 2004 Suzuki Aerio Sedan Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Suzuki Aerio Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2004 Suzuki Aerio Sedan

View reviews for a specific Aerio model:

Never Again
By Mindy

2004 Suzuki Aerio Sedan S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2004 Suzuki Aerio S in 6/04. From week one I have had nothing but problems with the suspension. My car creaks and clunks in the front and rear. I took it back to the dealer several times for service and was always told the carriage bolts were loose and were tightened. This went on about every three months. Next was the noise from the brakes, then the radio went out and was replaced, gas peddle stuck and throttle was replaced. My car's suspension is still making all these noises and dealer states again all Aerio's do this. For some reason, the radio does not work when rear defroster is on. Now the car's front wheel bearings had to be replaced. The suspension still makes all kinds of noises. I have a lawyer handling my car as a lemon.

Only things that are nice about this car are the good gas millage, getting in and out, and the comfortable seats.

Give it a better suspension and a quieter engine. The rear defroster and radio should work at the same time. The windshield wipers need to be improved so you do not have to get out and remove snow from them. They are too weak.

Midsize Manners
By andy

2004 Suzuki Aerio Sedan S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

A significant improvement over the 2000 Esteem which I traded in. So far: 7000 smooth, fun/peppy, trouble-free miles. As smooth as a Camry and quieter than a Civic sedan on highway. Solid handling even in inclement weather. Handling in high gusty wind is manageble and not troublesome. I have the off-white pearl color which hides dirt well. So far, no paint issues. Stereo is hi-fi quality, not sizzly/boomy. AC cooling is adequate. Engine tends to ping in hot weather (85% plus) under load conditions (hills with AC on, or steep hills in general). 89 Octane alleviates problem. Otherwise runs fine on 87 octane. Why are the critics so down on this car? I wonder if they've actually driven the sedan

Smooth engine and ride. High, comfortable seats, spacious feel. Smooth shifting with easy clutch pedal. Huge trunk. Great sightlines. High seating position lowers anxiety amidst SUV's, large cars, and trucks. Very quiet ride around town. High crash test scores. People like its appearance too!

Raise front air dam for improved clearance. Make the wiper intermittent control variable (Currently it has 3 steps). Lighten the interior color to a grey so it absorbs less sun and heat. A little less body induced noise over rough highway pavement. A little better gas mileage. Otherwise a winner.

Still feels like new
By misskellu

2004 Suzuki Aerio Sedan S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Aerio S new in Dec 2003 and still enjoy driving it as much as I did the first week. It's small and easy to park but feels roomy inside. Its high profile makes it comfortable to get in and out and also provides good visibility. I'm tall and it's the first compact that I've had where I didn't feel like my backside is dragging on the ground while I'm driving or that I have to fall into the seat and haul myself out. I can pretty much just step in & out. The handling is decent on the freeway I have no problem accellerating to pass. The engine is very quiet while idling and has a nice lil growl when you punch it. I live in a hilly city and the automatic scales them with ease.

Distinctive triangular exterior design, extra wide seats, large doors, huge trunk, unique digital instrument panel, lots of head room. Comfortable ride, decent power

Front seats don't adjust back far enough to accomodate long legs, cup holders are hard to reach, door pockets are awkward. Hesitates briefly when accellerating from a standstill such as stop lights (was told this is an emission control feature ??)

ZOOM, Zoom, zoom...boom, boom, boom
By balddaddy

2004 Suzuki Aerio Sedan S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the cheapest no frills car I could find for my 40 mile/day round trip commute. Couldn't find a decent used car so I took all the incentives (military, graduate, end of model year...) and got this Aerio for under 10K! Wow, what a surprise, the stereo sounds awesome and the five speed manual has alot of pep. I bought the optional roof rack and now I carry a 12 foot kayak on the roof every weekend. Definitely a fun, reliable, economical ride, and I even had a kid say "cool car" to me... This care definitely supports my hobbies and budget

Stereo with subwoofer and the roomy trunk!

optional sports seat covers. standard power remote locks.

Compact Car with a Midsize Feel
By InHighEsteem

2004 Suzuki Aerio Sedan S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Original owner, 4000 enjoyable and trouble free miles. Previously owned an Esteem. That was a good small car but this is a significant improvement all around. Tall drivers should try it. Feels very secure in inclement weather. Really not a problem in high wind. No paint problems on this one (white pearl color). My first digital dash and adjusted easily to it. AC is adequate for me but some people may need more. So far mileage is low to mid 30's on highway and mid 20's round town. Fortunately this car runs just fine on Kroger 87 octane. So save your pennies!

Very quiet around town, great handling and visibility, smooth powerful peppy engine and smooth shifting, comfortable seats and roomy inside. Higher seating inspires confidence. Huge trunk. Super easy ingress/egress. Hi-fi like sound system. Many positive comments on styling. Best small car I've owne

Intermittent wiper control should be variable. Dash plastic does scratch easily. Front air dam could be higher. Brakes could be a tad stronger. Could be a bit quieter on highway. Added storage would be nice. Hey Suzuki,add cruise control to this base model and you will wipe out the competition!