Used 2004 Suzuki Aerio Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Suzuki Aerio - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aerio model:

Buyer Beware
By Calais, ME

2004 Suzuki Aerio SX AWD 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased as a "Program Car" with 15,000 miles. The vehicle now has a total of 34,150 miles. Under 20,000 miles the heater and blower went. With 30,000 miles the front end suspension and struts needed to be replaced. With 33,000 miles two engine rotors, belts and brakes needed to be repolaced. The front bumper is easliy dislodged with any hint of snow. The 10 year warranty is a scam. Costs of parts and repairs are outrageous

Vehicle appearance and mileage

Drastically improve the quality of all parts

Very Reliable Ride
By Ross

2004 Suzuki Aerio SX Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best car I have ever owned. Gas mileage is about 25MPG city and 30 MPG highway. Very peppy drivetrain. Turns on a dime, lots of storage space. Nothing has ever broken down on this car (knock on wood). I have only replace oil, air filters, and a battery. I highly recommend it.

I am six five, and I have plenty of headroom. Amazingly spacious in the passenger compartment.

The engine is noisy, would recommend either adding some insulation or modifying the valvetrain a bit. Has plenty of power, just a bit louder than I'm used to.

Stone-axe dependable
By Tom Merrill

2004 Suzuki Aerio SX AWD 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I grew up riding and racing Suzuki motorcycles and other than basic maintenance found them very reliable, fast and fun. When my wife and I could no longer stand being a one car family, and the monthly payment on our Honda mini-van was becoming unbearable, we went shopping. I'd been keeping my eye on the Suzuki automobile offerings for the previous year or two and was quite smitten with the unique styling, AWD, fully loaded Suzuki Aerio SX wagon. We shopped around and bought two AWD Aerios which drive great (especially in the snow) can carry alot and, just as I found with their motorcycles, very reliable. Gas prices? I drive just as much as I please, loving my Suzuki, in any weather. We dig our Suzukis!

Unique body styling (heard desiners are in Italy). Fold down the rear seats and it's like a little mini-van. It holds way more than it looks capable of. Absolutely a great car to drive in the snow (credit the AWD) And did I mention how reliable it is? Very, very reliable. Typical Suzuki.

Could be a little more powerful or get slightly better mpg (for a 4 cyl.) If it had a switch to 2wd and wasn't AWD all the time, that would probably achieve both. More thought could be put into the cup holders (esp those up front) as they are wide & shallow and cups fall right out when you turn.

2004 Suzuki Aerio SX
By Vinnie Torioalleo

2004 Suzuki Aerio SX AWD 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Very, very quick but needs better suspension. There's a lot of noise in the cabin area. Brakes are very, very, very noisy. Everything else about the car is great, buy one or you'll have to get an sx4 because this fast and furious baby as been discontinued.

The looks!

Better suspension and get rid of those noisy brakes PLEASE.

Fun car, surprising size
By Opus P

2004 Suzuki Aerio SX AWD 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my Aerio SX with AWD for almost four years. This car has been a blast and has been great for my family of four. Interior has more room than you would suspect. I don't like the all black interior as every little thing shows up. The AWD had been great in snow and on ice. With all the winter driving we've done, only once did we bury it and that was human error. We have had a recurring exhaust rattle that needs to be fixed every few months but the local shop tightens that up every time they change the oil. As my kids approach their teenage years, I will have to make a change, but this car has been great while they were young.

AWD, interior height, storage, zippy.

No all black interiors ever. Tail lights should be on during the day like the headlamps.

• SUV