2004 Suzuki Aerio Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aerio model:
Reliable car with great features
By scott morgan on 08/06/10 20:42 PM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Aerio Wagon SX AWD 4dr Wagon w/ABS (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my awd aerio brand new with 49 miles. It was loaded with climate control and ABS, I paid $15,000 for it. At first I had a minor hiccup with balding tires (tires went bald after 14,000 miles! dealer fixed it with alignment or something and its been golden since). This was my first new car and I am so glad I bought it. I have treated it well and changed the oil every 3,000 and got a tune up(spark plugs and stuff) at 100,000. I have went through some brakes and a few tire changes. The car has 140,000 miles on it and will be 6 years old next month. The car is great in the winter and I hope to get another 3-5 years out of the car.

Love that Suzuki!
By moondoggy on 01/08/10 10:55 AM (PST)

2004 Suzuki Aerio Wagon SX Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2004 Aerio SX new in June of 2004 and I love the car. I drove it from Columbus, OH to Cincinnati, Dayton, Mansfield, and Indianapolis, IN as part of my job as a manufacturer's rep until early 2009 and usually got 28 to 30 mpg on the highway. I have over 156,000 miles on the car and have had minimal problems (in fact the only one was the replacement of a catalytic converter), but I change the oil every 3K to 5K miles, and have had two or three brake jobs and one engine tune-up with new platinum plugs plus about three tire (all 4) changes. Even with all the miles it has had very reasonable maintainence costs. Too bad Suzuki dropped this model for a smaller version of it.

Buyer Beware
By Calais, ME on 11/07/08 06:19 AM (PST)

2004 Suzuki Aerio Wagon SX AWD 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased as a "Program Car" with 15,000 miles. The vehicle now has a total of 34,150 miles. Under 20,000 miles the heater and blower went. With 30,000 miles the front end suspension and struts needed to be replaced. With 33,000 miles two engine rotors, belts and brakes needed to be repolaced. The front bumper is easliy dislodged with any hint of snow. The 10 year warranty is a scam. Costs of parts and repairs are outrageous

Very Reliable Ride
By Ross on 08/14/08 09:21 AM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Aerio Wagon SX Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best car I have ever owned. Gas mileage is about 25MPG city and 30 MPG highway. Very peppy drivetrain. Turns on a dime, lots of storage space. Nothing has ever broken down on this car (knock on wood). I have only replace oil, air filters, and a battery. I highly recommend it.

Stone-axe dependable
By Tom Merrill on 05/26/08 09:40 AM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Aerio Wagon SX AWD 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I grew up riding and racing Suzuki motorcycles and other than basic maintenance found them very reliable, fast and fun. When my wife and I could no longer stand being a one car family, and the monthly payment on our Honda mini-van was becoming unbearable, we went shopping. I'd been keeping my eye on the Suzuki automobile offerings for the previous year or two and was quite smitten with the unique styling, AWD, fully loaded Suzuki Aerio SX wagon. We shopped around and bought two AWD Aerios which drive great (especially in the snow) can carry alot and, just as I found with their motorcycles, very reliable. Gas prices? I drive just as much as I please, loving my Suzuki, in any weather. We dig our Suzukis!

2004 Suzuki Aerio SX
By Vinnie Torioalleo on 04/30/07 12:52 PM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Aerio Wagon SX AWD 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Very, very quick but needs better suspension. There's a lot of noise in the cabin area. Brakes are very, very, very noisy. Everything else about the car is great, buy one or you'll have to get an sx4 because this fast and furious baby as been discontinued.

Fun car, surprising size
By Opus P on 03/26/07 14:16 PM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Aerio Wagon SX AWD 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my Aerio SX with AWD for almost four years. This car has been a blast and has been great for my family of four. Interior has more room than you would suspect. I don't like the all black interior as every little thing shows up. The AWD had been great in snow and on ice. With all the winter driving we've done, only once did we bury it and that was human error. We have had a recurring exhaust rattle that needs to be fixed every few months but the local shop tightens that up every time they change the oil. As my kids approach their teenage years, I will have to make a change, but this car has been great while they were young.

2004 Suzuki SX AWD auto
By bren on 03/15/07 17:29 PM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Aerio Wagon SX AWD 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Aerio used with 10,000 miles and it currently has 56,000 miles. Overall my Aerio has been reliable, although the brake pads and rotors seem to require replacement more quickly than in other vehicles.

My newest purchase
By Ashley on 06/25/06 10:11 AM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Aerio Wagon SX Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My husband and I purchased a 2004 Aerio SX Wagon Standard on May 1, 2006 to replace my Ford Ranger XLT, which I was putting 45 dollars in gas a week into. I haven't measured the gas mileage, all I know is now I'm only paying 25 dollars a week in gas, as opposed to the 45, which is great. I do a lot of interstate driving to and from work, and this car has so much more oomph than my Ranger did. It's very roomy for being a smaller car, and the storage is great. I love the storage in the trunk.

Fun Car, Has Everything I Wanted
By yoyobob on 06/17/06 06:40 AM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Aerio Wagon SX Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This little car has everything I wanted including power. If I was to improve it I would reduce the power a bit and try to get a bit better gas mileage. I can fit all the camping gear, bikes and freinds I want into it. I'm now hauling my new Kayak on top and it has worked out great. I love this car.

1 2 3 4 5 next »