Used 2004 Suzuki Aerio Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Suzuki Aerio Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aerio model:

Reliable car with great features
By scott morgan

2004 Suzuki Aerio Wagon SX AWD 4dr Wagon w/ABS (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my awd aerio brand new with 49 miles. It was loaded with climate control and ABS, I paid $15,000 for it. At first I had a minor hiccup with balding tires (tires went bald after 14,000 miles! dealer fixed it with alignment or something and its been golden since). This was my first new car and I am so glad I bought it. I have treated it well and changed the oil every 3,000 and got a tune up(spark plugs and stuff) at 100,000. I have went through some brakes and a few tire changes. The car has 140,000 miles on it and will be 6 years old next month. The car is great in the winter and I hope to get another 3-5 years out of the car.

AWD and Climate control is great. Sound system is good, I especially like the synthesized radio tuner and sub. The car is a good balance between power and gas mileage at 155 hp. I like that it comes standard with lots of features

Interior parts are little cheap(broken plastic covers in truck area all broke) The trunk hatch sticks constantly and need to be wedged out. The cd player also does not play when it is cold) MP3 aux connection would have been nice. These are minor issues though.

Love that Suzuki!
By moondoggy

2004 Suzuki Aerio Wagon SX Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2004 Aerio SX new in June of 2004 and I love the car. I drove it from Columbus, OH to Cincinnati, Dayton, Mansfield, and Indianapolis, IN as part of my job as a manufacturer's rep until early 2009 and usually got 28 to 30 mpg on the highway. I have over 156,000 miles on the car and have had minimal problems (in fact the only one was the replacement of a catalytic converter), but I change the oil every 3K to 5K miles, and have had two or three brake jobs and one engine tune-up with new platinum plugs plus about three tire (all 4) changes. Even with all the miles it has had very reasonable maintainence costs. Too bad Suzuki dropped this model for a smaller version of it.

The performance of my Aerio SX is great. It is not that fast, but the handling is a dream. I can usually take curves at 15 to 20 mph faster than the posted speed. The standard options of rear window defroster and wiper, heated side mirrors, fog lamps, and vert. adj. driver seat are nice to have.

My only gripe is that the two cupholders are located in front of the shift lever near the dash so it is sometimes hard to get a tall drink cup in the holder.

Buyer Beware
By Calais, ME

2004 Suzuki Aerio Wagon SX AWD 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased as a "Program Car" with 15,000 miles. The vehicle now has a total of 34,150 miles. Under 20,000 miles the heater and blower went. With 30,000 miles the front end suspension and struts needed to be replaced. With 33,000 miles two engine rotors, belts and brakes needed to be repolaced. The front bumper is easliy dislodged with any hint of snow. The 10 year warranty is a scam. Costs of parts and repairs are outrageous

Vehicle appearance and mileage

Drastically improve the quality of all parts

Very Reliable Ride
By Ross

2004 Suzuki Aerio Wagon SX Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best car I have ever owned. Gas mileage is about 25MPG city and 30 MPG highway. Very peppy drivetrain. Turns on a dime, lots of storage space. Nothing has ever broken down on this car (knock on wood). I have only replace oil, air filters, and a battery. I highly recommend it.

I am six five, and I have plenty of headroom. Amazingly spacious in the passenger compartment.

The engine is noisy, would recommend either adding some insulation or modifying the valvetrain a bit. Has plenty of power, just a bit louder than I'm used to.

Stone-axe dependable
By Tom Merrill

2004 Suzuki Aerio Wagon SX AWD 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I grew up riding and racing Suzuki motorcycles and other than basic maintenance found them very reliable, fast and fun. When my wife and I could no longer stand being a one car family, and the monthly payment on our Honda mini-van was becoming unbearable, we went shopping. I'd been keeping my eye on the Suzuki automobile offerings for the previous year or two and was quite smitten with the unique styling, AWD, fully loaded Suzuki Aerio SX wagon. We shopped around and bought two AWD Aerios which drive great (especially in the snow) can carry alot and, just as I found with their motorcycles, very reliable. Gas prices? I drive just as much as I please, loving my Suzuki, in any weather. We dig our Suzukis!

Unique body styling (heard desiners are in Italy). Fold down the rear seats and it's like a little mini-van. It holds way more than it looks capable of. Absolutely a great car to drive in the snow (credit the AWD) And did I mention how reliable it is? Very, very reliable. Typical Suzuki.

Could be a little more powerful or get slightly better mpg (for a 4 cyl.) If it had a switch to 2wd and wasn't AWD all the time, that would probably achieve both. More thought could be put into the cup holders (esp those up front) as they are wide & shallow and cups fall right out when you turn.