2004 Suzuki Aerio Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aerio model:
131,000 And Going Strong
By groundhogrev on 02/13/12 12:58 PM (PST)

2004 Suzuki Aerio Sedan S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've just now finished using my 2004 Aerio Sedan and will now pass it to my daughter. I bought it brand new and put almost every single mile on it myself. Other than utterly routine stuff, I've done virtually nothing to this car. Even the routine repairs may well be more due to my driving style than defects in the car. As a matter of fact, I think I'm still using the original batter on the thing. This has been a super car in almost every way that matters.

Excellent
By Fred on 03/13/09 12:31 PM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Aerio Sedan S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

A very nice car im suprised it didnt sell as much as corolla and other cars in class. It fits big rims plenty power a all around fun car.

Good Basic Car
By Ann on 12/06/06 22:28 PM (PST)

2004 Suzuki Aerio Sedan S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The ownership of my Aerio has been very easy. Gas-up and drive. Of course, change the oil every 5,000 miles.

Excellent, Fun and Cute!
By Alexis Vargas on 11/13/06 00:02 AM (PST)

2004 Suzuki Aerio Sedan LX Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I can tell my Suzuki Aerio is an excellent, fun, and cute car. It hasn't given me any problems so far. I have only changed the tires this month and I have been monitoring its oil and filter.

Never Again
By Mindy on 12/31/05 20:05 PM (PST)

2004 Suzuki Aerio Sedan S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2004 Suzuki Aerio S in 6/04. From week one I have had nothing but problems with the suspension. My car creaks and clunks in the front and rear. I took it back to the dealer several times for service and was always told the carriage bolts were loose and were tightened. This went on about every three months. Next was the noise from the brakes, then the radio went out and was replaced, gas peddle stuck and throttle was replaced. My car's suspension is still making all these noises and dealer states again all Aerio's do this. For some reason, the radio does not work when rear defroster is on. Now the car's front wheel bearings had to be replaced. The suspension still makes all kinds of noises. I have a lawyer handling my car as a lemon.

Midsize Manners
By andy on 07/19/05 19:43 PM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Aerio Sedan S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

A significant improvement over the 2000 Esteem which I traded in. So far: 7000 smooth, fun/peppy, trouble-free miles. As smooth as a Camry and quieter than a Civic sedan on highway. Solid handling even in inclement weather. Handling in high gusty wind is manageble and not troublesome. I have the off-white pearl color which hides dirt well. So far, no paint issues. Stereo is hi-fi quality, not sizzly/boomy. AC cooling is adequate. Engine tends to ping in hot weather (85% plus) under load conditions (hills with AC on, or steep hills in general). 89 Octane alleviates problem. Otherwise runs fine on 87 octane. Why are the critics so down on this car? I wonder if they've actually driven the sedan

Still feels like new
By misskellu on 07/12/05 15:29 PM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Aerio Sedan S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Aerio S new in Dec 2003 and still enjoy driving it as much as I did the first week. It's small and easy to park but feels roomy inside. Its high profile makes it comfortable to get in and out and also provides good visibility. I'm tall and it's the first compact that I've had where I didn't feel like my backside is dragging on the ground while I'm driving or that I have to fall into the seat and haul myself out. I can pretty much just step in & out. The handling is decent on the freeway I have no problem accellerating to pass. The engine is very quiet while idling and has a nice lil growl when you punch it. I live in a hilly city and the automatic scales them with ease.

ZOOM, Zoom, zoom...boom, boom, boom
By balddaddy on 04/17/05 23:32 PM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Aerio Sedan S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the cheapest no frills car I could find for my 40 mile/day round trip commute. Couldn't find a decent used car so I took all the incentives (military, graduate, end of model year...) and got this Aerio for under 10K! Wow, what a surprise, the stereo sounds awesome and the five speed manual has alot of pep. I bought the optional roof rack and now I carry a 12 foot kayak on the roof every weekend. Definitely a fun, reliable, economical ride, and I even had a kid say "cool car" to me... This care definitely supports my hobbies and budget

Compact Car with a Midsize Feel
By InHighEsteem on 04/16/05 23:37 PM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Aerio Sedan S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Original owner, 4000 enjoyable and trouble free miles. Previously owned an Esteem. That was a good small car but this is a significant improvement all around. Tall drivers should try it. Feels very secure in inclement weather. Really not a problem in high wind. No paint problems on this one (white pearl color). My first digital dash and adjusted easily to it. AC is adequate for me but some people may need more. So far mileage is low to mid 30's on highway and mid 20's round town. Fortunately this car runs just fine on Kroger 87 octane. So save your pennies!

Great Little Car
By luvmysuzuki on 03/02/05 21:57 PM (PST)

2004 Suzuki Aerio Sedan LX Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After an accident rendered my wife's Escort undriveable we decided to replace it with something just as economical but we wanted something with a little more pizzaz.We didn't have a lot of money to spend so the Corollas and Civics were priced out of our range.We briefly considered a Hyundai or Kia but just didn't get the warm fuzzy feeling with them.As soon as we sat in the Aerio we were hooked.The headroom is massive (enough to accomodate a six foot tall person with inches to spare).There are more standard features on this car than you can shake a stick at (AC,6 disc CD,PW,PDL and heated mirrors are standard!).We average almost 30 MPG and as far as power....Buckle up and hang on!!!