Used 2004 Suzuki Aerio SX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Suzuki Aerio - Consumer Reviews

2004 Suzuki Aerio

View reviews for a specific Aerio model:

Very Reliable Ride
By Ross

2004 Suzuki Aerio SX Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best car I have ever owned. Gas mileage is about 25MPG city and 30 MPG highway. Very peppy drivetrain. Turns on a dime, lots of storage space. Nothing has ever broken down on this car (knock on wood). I have only replace oil, air filters, and a battery. I highly recommend it.

Favorite Features

I am six five, and I have plenty of headroom. Amazingly spacious in the passenger compartment.

Suggested Improvements

The engine is noisy, would recommend either adding some insulation or modifying the valvetrain a bit. Has plenty of power, just a bit louder than I'm used to.

My newest purchase
By Ashley

2004 Suzuki Aerio SX Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My husband and I purchased a 2004 Aerio SX Wagon Standard on May 1, 2006 to replace my Ford Ranger XLT, which I was putting 45 dollars in gas a week into. I haven't measured the gas mileage, all I know is now I'm only paying 25 dollars a week in gas, as opposed to the 45, which is great. I do a lot of interstate driving to and from work, and this car has so much more oomph than my Ranger did. It's very roomy for being a smaller car, and the storage is great. I love the storage in the trunk.

Favorite Features

I love the mirror defroster, I think that has to be my favorite feature in the car, in Florida where mornings can be very humid it really helps visually to have that. I also love how the seats fold completely down in the back..this made going from a truck to a car much easier.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the paint. We have only had the car for a little over a month, after getting it detailed we noticed dripping marks down the paint. We took it into the dealerships body shop, the paint was oxidizing. After arguing the dealer agreed to paint it, it's under warranty, I don't get why I had to fight for it.

Fun Car, Has Everything I Wanted
By yoyobob

2004 Suzuki Aerio SX Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This little car has everything I wanted including power. If I was to improve it I would reduce the power a bit and try to get a bit better gas mileage. I can fit all the camping gear, bikes and freinds I want into it. I'm now hauling my new Kayak on top and it has worked out great. I love this car.

Favorite Features

This car comes with a lot of great features that are costly add-ons in Toyotas.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the gas mileage. Still, I get 32 on the freeway and 26 around town. That gets me around pretty cheaply and I believe this car has a lot of great features.

Great Vehicle - I Love It
By blayzmoon

2004 Suzuki Aerio SX Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Suzuki Aerio. It is very comfortable, with a surprising amount of room inside. It is the best vehicle I have ever owned. It gets great gas mileage and its controls are easy to use.

Favorite Features

I love the amount of room inside, not sure that's a feature exactly, but it is my favourite thing about this vehicle, it looks really small from the outside but it has more room than my mother-in-law's VW Jetta Wagon. I managed to fit in my daughter's Peg Perego Polaris 700 kid's 4 wheeler into it!

My Suzuki is the worst purchase ever
By dawn martin

2004 Suzuki Aerio SX Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My Suzuki Aerio is not even two years old. and we have had it in the shop 8 times now. We are talking major stuff here. The transmission has been changed,along with the head and new pistons. The front axle fell out while my husband was on the interstate. We had the car one month and it went in the shop for the first time. My advice, don't buy this car. We are being told there is nothing we can do about the car. This was by the district manager.

Favorite Features

The only thing that I like about the car now is the interior.

Suggested Improvements

You don't want to know what I think on this.