Used 2004 Suzuki Aerio Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Suzuki Aerio - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aerio model:

131,000 And Going Strong
By groundhogrev

2004 Suzuki Aerio S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've just now finished using my 2004 Aerio Sedan and will now pass it to my daughter. I bought it brand new and put almost every single mile on it myself. Other than utterly routine stuff, I've done virtually nothing to this car. Even the routine repairs may well be more due to my driving style than defects in the car. As a matter of fact, I think I'm still using the original batter on the thing. This has been a super car in almost every way that matters.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is also, ironically, almost the only negative about the car. The high windows and spacious feeling of this car makes it feel incredibly roomy even though it is a tiny car. Yet the high ceiling and windows also leave the car frequently blown around the highway in high wind conditions.

Suggested Improvements

My only complaint would be driving in high wind conditions. You definitely feel it. Other than that - this has been a truly wonderful little car. And I've now owned several little cars.

Reliable car with great features
By scott morgan

2004 Suzuki Aerio SX AWD 4dr Wagon w/ABS (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my awd aerio brand new with 49 miles. It was loaded with climate control and ABS, I paid $15,000 for it. At first I had a minor hiccup with balding tires (tires went bald after 14,000 miles! dealer fixed it with alignment or something and its been golden since). This was my first new car and I am so glad I bought it. I have treated it well and changed the oil every 3,000 and got a tune up(spark plugs and stuff) at 100,000. I have went through some brakes and a few tire changes. The car has 140,000 miles on it and will be 6 years old next month. The car is great in the winter and I hope to get another 3-5 years out of the car.

Favorite Features

AWD and Climate control is great. Sound system is good, I especially like the synthesized radio tuner and sub. The car is a good balance between power and gas mileage at 155 hp. I like that it comes standard with lots of features

Suggested Improvements

Interior parts are little cheap(broken plastic covers in truck area all broke) The trunk hatch sticks constantly and need to be wedged out. The cd player also does not play when it is cold) MP3 aux connection would have been nice. These are minor issues though.

Love that Suzuki!
By moondoggy

2004 Suzuki Aerio SX Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2004 Aerio SX new in June of 2004 and I love the car. I drove it from Columbus, OH to Cincinnati, Dayton, Mansfield, and Indianapolis, IN as part of my job as a manufacturer's rep until early 2009 and usually got 28 to 30 mpg on the highway. I have over 156,000 miles on the car and have had minimal problems (in fact the only one was the replacement of a catalytic converter), but I change the oil every 3K to 5K miles, and have had two or three brake jobs and one engine tune-up with new platinum plugs plus about three tire (all 4) changes. Even with all the miles it has had very reasonable maintainence costs. Too bad Suzuki dropped this model for a smaller version of it.

Favorite Features

The performance of my Aerio SX is great. It is not that fast, but the handling is a dream. I can usually take curves at 15 to 20 mph faster than the posted speed. The standard options of rear window defroster and wiper, heated side mirrors, fog lamps, and vert. adj. driver seat are nice to have.

Suggested Improvements

My only gripe is that the two cupholders are located in front of the shift lever near the dash so it is sometimes hard to get a tall drink cup in the holder.

Excellent
By Fred

2004 Suzuki Aerio S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

A very nice car im suprised it didnt sell as much as corolla and other cars in class. It fits big rims plenty power a all around fun car.

Favorite Features

Digital that sumten u find in a luxury car

Suggested Improvements

The overall size could be bigger and wider

Buyer Beware
By Calais, ME

2004 Suzuki Aerio SX AWD 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased as a "Program Car" with 15,000 miles. The vehicle now has a total of 34,150 miles. Under 20,000 miles the heater and blower went. With 30,000 miles the front end suspension and struts needed to be replaced. With 33,000 miles two engine rotors, belts and brakes needed to be repolaced. The front bumper is easliy dislodged with any hint of snow. The 10 year warranty is a scam. Costs of parts and repairs are outrageous

Favorite Features

Vehicle appearance and mileage

Suggested Improvements

Drastically improve the quality of all parts