2003 Suzuki Aerio - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aerio model:
Love this car!
By flboy_2008 on 02/01/08 21:48 PM (PST)

2003 Suzuki Aerio SX Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car in October of 2004. It had about 22k miles when I bought it and currently has 114k. I really love this car. It drives like an expensive european car. Since I bought it I replaced the battery in the keychain and the cars battery. I also flush out the transmission ever 40k which I do to all the cars I own, and I change the oil every 3500 miles. The car requires low profile tires (because it handles like its on rails), I recommend Goodyear traction t/a's. I've been able to get 70k miles on them before replacing them. The original tires only lasted about 30k.

Incredibly reliable experience
By Ron on 11/25/07 02:00 AM (PST)

2003 Suzuki Aerio SX Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this Suzuki as a commute vehicle for my wife. It's simply been an incredible experience, as the car has been not only a lot of fun to drive, but it has been reliable beyond all expectations. With only normal dealer maintenance service, we have not had a single mechanical problem. As a huge bonus, the handling, braking, steering, and utility have all been enjoyed and utilized a tremendous amount.

What a fun little car!!
By ACERANGER on 11/07/07 22:00 PM (PST)

2003 Suzuki Aerio S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Aerio with 67k miles on it and man what a great little car! Great price point and good gas mileage. It is fun to drive and as a bigger guy I found myself strangly comfortable in this car and not pressed up against the window like some other cars. Overall a great and dependable car. Only thing I did was get 15" rims and tires, which helped with road noise and turning performance.

Suzuki Aerio SX Wagon is good
By T.F. on 04/11/07 07:02 AM (PDT)

2003 Suzuki Aerio SX Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

You pay less for Suzuki up front but you have to upgrade them to your liking. For example, the suspension needs to be upgraded, the engine needs a performance boost but the overall car is fine. The only complaint I have is the Suzuki should have promoted the Aerio for the long haul but instead they dropped the model just like the Esteem model line. The transferable warranty is makes them a good used car buy.

Can Anyone Get Parts for These Cars?
By dnrportch on 01/19/07 13:00 PM (PST)

2003 Suzuki Aerio S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

You can't get parts for the Aerio in a timely manner. Example one: the transmission went out in 2006. It was still under extended warranty, but it took 6 weeks to get the parts and it had to be repaired twice. We have a great dealer. It's the car and the factory. The car runs fine now. Example two: after a low speed collision with a deer (he jumped on the hood while chasing another deer across the road in front of us!) we had two dealers try to order replacement parts on three separate occasions. The parts never arrived! It's been eighteen months. You should also know that the car is terrible in wet snow or snow over ice. It is geared too powerfully relative to the weight of the car. I like the gas mileage it gets, but would not buy another.

Beware
By Dinslaken on 10/28/06 09:59 AM (PDT)

2003 Suzuki Aerio S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has a lot of value for the money and the first 48,000 miles were trouble free. The engine needed oil frequently, which is not that bad, but despite more maintenance than required, the engine blew at 48,560 miles, then the transmission went at 54,000 miles. The axle seals were replaced twice, and the brakes need replacement about every 10,000 miles. The worst part is that Suzuki refused to honor their "Best Warranty" on both occasions due to "lack of proven component failure." According to other owners, this problem is increasing. Suzuki was sued for both instances, and we were reimbursed by court order. Other than that....nice car!

Happy Aerio Owner
By Pastor tom on 09/05/06 13:08 PM (PDT)

2003 Suzuki Aerio SX Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a joy to drive. It has handling on the highways I drive that is comporable to the European cars I have owned in the past. It has plenty of get up and go, the gas mileage is not as good as my Swift's was, but it doesn't do badly at all. I get about 32 miles per gallon on highway. I live in the desert and I drive the state highway all the time. I do not do any city driving at any length. I have had no repairs done except for scheduled maintenance. I now have had nearly 50,000 miles of touble free driving, which is very important in the middle of the CA desert.

Well Equipped for the Price
By chilaxin on 08/16/06 14:06 PM (PDT)

2003 Suzuki Aerio GS Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Suzuki Aerio has a lot of options for the price and it's the only compact car you do not have to be a contortionist to drive.

Suzuki Aerio is underated
By T. F. on 06/29/06 17:28 PM (PDT)

2003 Suzuki Aerio SX AWD 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is our fourth Suzuki auto and we are pleased with it overall. We have no major complaints at this time.

Very good car
By A. Smyth on 03/12/06 18:30 PM (PST)

2003 Suzuki Aerio SX AWD 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have put 36,000 miles on this car. So far it has been very reliable, but I have had some minor problems. The catalytic converter had to be replaced, and it's rattling again. Also, the overhead light shutoff failed twice. I had better replacement brake pads installed by dealer better than the originals. However, I enjoy every minute that I drive this car, Its handling is very good (did the Edmund's reviewer even drive it?), It is a better value and has a smoother ride than the Subaru Impreza. The all wheel drive is great. I would definitely buy another.