Used 2003 Suzuki Aerio Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Suzuki Aerio - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aerio model:

Great car with great mileage
By John

2003 Suzuki Aerio GS Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been great. I bought it three years ago with 32,000 for $4500. I am now at 180,000 and still going strong. The only problems I have had is struts and CV axles, nothing else. I would recommend these cars to anyone wanting a cheap transportation option.

Gas Mileage and acceleration.

Wish it had cruise control for long drives, but that's it.

Little Car, Many Annoyances
By Handy Dude

2003 Suzuki Aerio SX Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car is fun to drive especially around the city. Being small it isn't comfortable on long trips. The interior storage is well thought out. It has never stranded me fortunately, but I don't trust the car much. It's annoying and costly to own. It goes through tires every 20,000 miles max, even with alignments and rotation; the rear alignment lacks a key adjustment; brake rotators warp easily and brakes need replacing often; fuel economy of a big V8, and the AC belt tensioner is hard to replace and doesn't last long before it gets really noisy. The interior clock light goes off when the headlights are turned on and there other annoyances. The black velor door panels are hard to keep clean.

Good interior storage, with bins and pockets all over the place. Plenty of visibility for a small driver. Easy to park and drive in the city. The stereo is pretty good.

Suzuki needs to start putting camber adjustments on the rear axles of their cars, and maybe better alignment can be achieved. They need to remedy the tire wear issue and put some brake rotors on the car that do not warp easily. The noisy engine belt tensioner is a crime against humanity; replace it.

happy/unhappy
By terry goins

2003 Suzuki Aerio S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

miles good/gas good ride is great.body work could have been better,bumpers front and back had to replace both too low to ground.radio,cd player out sometimes the radio will come on but not stay on station.has to replace four other parts,i change my all my oils and fluides on reg basis.wheel bearings out on front wheel hard to find parts.

good on gas,ride is good,size good

raido why did it stop

Love this car
By joe

2003 Suzuki Aerio SX Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is the best car on the market and no one realized it, I own the 2003 aerio sx and I can't tell you how reliable this car is.

the body style and the room inside the car. people who ride in the car with me say how roomy this car is.

my only problem with this car is poor interior design, it has cheap plastic handles and the door arm rest broke off.

Kooky looks, but proves itself.
By maxandcassiesdad

2003 Suzuki Aerio SX Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I picked this car up with 87,000 on it. It was cheap, and I needed a second car, that was small, economical, and a hatchback. We take our Shepherd and Boxer with us, ALOT!. I didn't give too much thought to it when I found it, except that it was in good shape, was a hatchback, and had a/c (we live in Florida). To my surprise, I've found this little car to be a real trooper. Strange looking, yes, and it does garner strange looks from passer-bys, but, the fold down rear seats, high roof line and enormous front doors have been much appreciated. We are not small people, I'm 6', partner is 6'4", and getting in and out is a breeze. Headroom is fantastic. It's been very reliable too. Good bargain.

Very wide doors, high seat level, allows EASY ingress/egress. Fold-flat rear seats allows excellent cargo space. Very good stereo/cd. Lots of rear leg room, even with front seats fully pushed back.

Well, no longer in production, so it wouldn't matter. But from a 2003 point- of-view, probably a change slot, and a few more storage cubbies in the front. Intermittent rear wiper, rather than just slow/fast constant "on".

• SUV