Used 2003 Suzuki Aerio Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Suzuki Aerio - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aerio model:

LOVE MY SUZUKI
By kellynulf

2003 Suzuki Aerio GS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Suzuki with 6 miles on it back in 2003. It now is hitting over 190,000. It has been an amazing car. There have been a few issues. A CD got stuck in the CD player and now that doesn't work. The radio still works fine though. The light on the clock doesn't work, even with replacement fuse. I did start having issues the last 2 years with the heat shield clamps rusting. Overall I will be very sad the day "Shelly" takes a dump.

It has been wonderful! Roomy...surprisingly!!

I have read on several reviews that other owners have the same exact issues with the vehicles. I think it doesn't matter how old or long you have a vehicle, if almost every owner is complaining of the same exact problem then it needs to be recalled and fixed. The issue with my radio, for example. I have read several reviews with the same issue. The light for the clock. But overall I LOVE MY SUZUKI!!!

Great Car
By mancow

2003 Suzuki Aerio S Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new in 2003 My work round trip is 184 miles my car just went over 402000 miles I have had no problems. Just oil changes and two set of brake pads and at 250000 clutch presure plate thowout bearing all which are wearout parts.

Love my little mobile bubble
By mmaddalena3

2003 Suzuki Aerio GS Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

If you don't mind looking like you're driving around in a gigantic bubble-then this is the car for you. I'm 5'11 and my husband is 6'4 and this car has enough room for us and our family of giants. I have had this same car for about 7 years now, used, and I haven't had trouble with driving in the snow. I owned it through the summer in South Florida and through the "sno-maggedon" in Virginia and found it to be a great vehicle for either location. I will agree it's basically plastic but I was side swiped a few years ago and it kept me safe. The cables on the battery though do fray so keep an eye under the hood ever so often. Otherwise it's money well spent.

Head and leg room, large trunk, fast, fits easily in parking spaces

Plastic body needs improving and battery cables

OK car but bad for the cold weather and snow driving
By denis18

2003 Suzuki Aerio SX Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this cat at 55K and sold at 92K miles on it when the bearing and brake pads needed change. The car is OK, but the engine light was on and off several times during my ownership of the car. Nothing serious was found and it looked like a computer glitch. The worst part is that the car is simply not designed for the cold weather and snow driving. At freezing temperatures all pneumatics go off, like locks, windows etc, and driving under snow is a lot of stress. Overall, the cars worth its price as long as you live in the warm climate all year around.

A Life Saver
By becky03

2003 Suzuki Aerio SX Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have been hit by 13 deer while driving this car. It has had its front bumper. hood and either fender replaced atleast 8-9 times. A racoon took out the front bumper once...The body could be of better material. The rest inside and out is original. After all this I have not been hurt and it is still running. 200,000 miles and all I have done is changed the oil regularly, the occasional alignment, new tires and just had the radiator flushed. Drove it 1800 miles to see family and am driving it back those 1800 miles. I expect to get another 100,000 miles.

This car has lots of room. The hatch is roomy like a small pick up. Quiet and rides smooth. Handles great. The interior is easy to clean. After 200,000 miles still gets over 30 mpg

The bumpers could be stronger or held on with stronger support than plastic clips. Thats all. Great little car.