2002 Suzuki Aerio - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aerio model:
What a Car
By Clifford on 07/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki Aerio GS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought this about 2 months ago. The car is really fun to drive, is peppy, with PLENTY of room inside the vehicle and the trunk is huge and holds lots of items. The car is fully equiped however I paid extra for an arm rest between the front seats. I test drove the comparable Toyota, Ford and Honda. No comparison for the money, Suzuki is way out in front. If this car is advertized properly by the manufacturer, it will become a real rival to its competitors.

Great Car!!
By Bratt on 07/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki Aerio SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I'm Not only an owner of two Suzuki's I'm also a Suzuki Salesman. I have done many hours of research on all the vehicles from toyota, to honda to the lesser knowns. The Suzuki stacks up well every time. Aside from that, I see many of them come in on trade always with the same story "I never had to do anything to it" Oil changes, tires and brakes, thats it!! I have personally seen more than my share of suzuki's with more than 200,000 miles, 4 of them over 300,000 all telling of the low maintnenence.

My Yellow Submarine....
By Florida_AerioSX on 07/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki Aerio SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had my car two months- but it's been a great "ride" so far. I'm finally getting used to the stares that my "yellow sub" gets. I love all of the standard equipment and the power that the engine has. I wish it got better mileage (appx 25 mpg mostly highway), but I guess if you want "pep" something has to give. It feels very stable on the road and seems well built. I can't wait to several years of fun with this car.

This is the best car for the price!!
By suiteseptember on 07/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki Aerio S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

From the first time I saw the commercial for the 2002 Suzuki Aeroi, I knew that I had to have one! I have only had mine 4 days but I love it!

So far so good!
By John-O on 06/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki Aerio SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just purchased this vehicle from Cottonwood Suzuki in AZ. Was a little skeptical at purchasing a first year vehicle but the difference in price between the Suzuki and the Toyota Matrix was the deciding factor. I paid $14,464 for the Aerio SX, with the same features the Toyota would of been $17,800. Also, the Suzuki has a larger engine, approximately 10HP. So far it has exceeded expectations. It handles nicely, engine is very quiet while idling although when you punch it you know it's there! I just hope it will last as long as a Toyota engine. I guess I'll find out.

I love this car!
By Bill D. on 05/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki Aerio SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I saw the Aerio for the first time at the NY Auto Show and was impressed. I bought one and love it. It has good power, handling, general performance. The winshield, and side glass provide a lot of visibility, but that means a lot of eye strain from light as well as the heat from the sun. Also, the LCD display on the radio is hard to see in direct sun. I've gotten many positive comments about the car and my teenage son likes it too. I'd recommend the car to anyone looking for a sporty, affordable, small wagon.

wonderful
By micky on 05/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki Aerio SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

What a great car. I haven't found anything I don't like about it. Quiet and quick and I love the digital dash!

a SUV view in a compact car
By Gerrix on 05/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki Aerio GS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It's been a week that I test drive this Sedan and so far it's a joy. The riding is smooth and quiet at legal speeds. The engine is a bit noisier when pushed but fortunately it doesn't need to be often. The high seating position is probably the most specific feature of this car. Only the Matrix/Vibe can compare in this segment. With this feature, you have a great view of the road and it's very easy to get in and out of the car. The digital dash is a surprise, but I learned to love it for its accuracy and its visibility.

Big Value in Small Package
By ntotrr on 05/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki Aerio SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

An excellent value for the money, with a level of refinement found in higher- priced cars. Ergonomics and controls are very good. Interior space is exemplary, the materials used are of god quality. Performance is good, the 5-speed shifts almost effortlessly but the clutch is a bit too soft. Overall, highly recommended and fun-to- drive.

A good car that could be better
By quickg on 04/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki Aerio S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Engine is powerful, but loses luster with AC on. Automatic transmission shifts well. Brakes are generally good, but tend to lock up on wet roads without ABS. Stereo is good. Standard tires on the S are low grade. Handling is stable, steering feel is about right. Interior is spacious in front and back, seats are very comfortable, seating position is tall and provides great forward visibility. However, rear visibility is poor because of a very high rear end. Trunk is huge. Side mirrors are large and folding. The S has power windows, but not power locks. The car is distinctive looking, but side and rear extensions make tires look small and the car look overweight and ungainly.