Used 2002 Suzuki Aerio Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Suzuki Aerio - Consumer Reviews

2002 Suzuki Aerio

View reviews for a specific Aerio model:

Our Four Wheel Motorcycle
By Dave W.

2002 Suzuki Aerio SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Our little suzy is quite a nice ride! I fell in love with the black onyx paint, it is beautiful! This car is the most defect free car I have ever owned, my only real problem is with the radio which Suzuki did'nt build. Great handling, good power, easy entry/exit, practical, fun, sporty, good looking etc. Some trim noise on coarse roads, I'm running these down myself and fixing them. I love the digital dash, its simple and the speedo can be read at a glance. The car isn't perfect but it sure is close... we love it!

Favorite Features

Air conditioner, stereo sound, entry/exit ease, quality workmanship, solid flex free body, handling, low cost maintenance, quality paint, high gloss! "In control" suspension, very capable without being harsh.

Suggested Improvements

Padded armrests, better design of interior trim to eliminate noises, better defroster, wider front seat cushions.

Suzuki Aerio RULES this CLASS!!!
By Gkxp

2002 Suzuki Aerio S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Aerio's interior finish/materials feel very Germanic (Golf-like), the engine is very quick off the line and smooth at 80MPH Highway Speeds, the digital dash is GREAT! The seats are all firm and very supportive and there is plenty of room. There is also a TIMING CHAIN, not a timing belt as well as the 7 Year/100000 Mile Powertrain Warranty also. I would just recommend to anyone, before buying anything else in this class to cross- shop this car, because I think you would find it to outperform the others in most categories, aside from the Aerio feeling more upscale and substantial than its price would suggest.

Favorite Features

Undoubtedly the digital dash with speedometer, tachometer, fuel gauge, etc. is definitely my favorite. It is nearly identical to the digital set-up in the Honda Insight Hybrid.

Suggested Improvements

First, If I were Suzuki, I would advertise this car more! IF it wouldn't hurt ride quality too much, I would put 16" wheels on all models.

Love it
By Franklin E Soto

2002 Suzuki Aerio SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have an SUV 2002 Ford, Explorer and was not into buying another new car for the moment. but my wife was needing a car to do small things around and close to our home. We shopped around,Focus, Rio Cinco,Vibe, Protege,Saturn L200 etc. She fell in Love with The Silver Aerio SX 2003. We drove it as all the rest 2lt. 145 HP sure makes a difference, beautiful on the inside, great air condition, great CD sound, excellent movements, great space front and back,outstanding price.Man we bought it ,now the problem is I want to swap, Ford Explorer for her Susuki Aerio SX.

Favorite Features

Space, Price and movement

Suggested Improvements

Non yet, keep it the way it is.

Still Happy after all these months
By evb

2002 Suzuki Aerio SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Been driving my Aerio for 6 months now and I'm still smitten. Can't understand why there are so few on the road. Handles great, even in the snow with front wheel drive. Great head room and I love the height; all the convienence of my old Toyota hatchback without having to stoop to get in.

Favorite Features

ROOM and ZOOM. I like the digital dash and the funky look. The height is a definite plus when infront of SUV headlights. Love the hidden compartments under the trunk floor.

Suggested Improvements

MPG is lower than the advertised 28/32. I average 25/28. Stereo/ clock hard to read in daylight.The car desperately needs a driver's right armrest. Front bumper is a scrape magnet. Plastic posts that support the rear lid are flimsy. One already snapped.

new car
By njacks

2002 Suzuki Aerio GS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It is a fun car to drive, has alot of power for the cars in its class. I have yet to see alot of aftermarket parts, but im sure there soon to come. There is alot of room, I'm 6'4" and i fit in this car pretty good. The resale value is not that good, but its not a civic.