Used 2002 Suzuki Aerio Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Suzuki Aerio - Consumer Reviews

2002 Suzuki Aerio

View reviews for a specific Aerio model:

A hidden gem
By Brian Defferding

2002 Suzuki Aerio S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Suzuki Aerios are like the perfect secret. It's a little seen car that will last forever and is a blast to drive. It has plenty of headroom (something other Japanese cars like Hondas and Toyotas sometimes lack), has a spunky engine, performs well in winter. I drive my Aerio around to conventions all around the midwest, racked up tons of miles and any repairs it needs is routine maintainence and oil changes. And the best part - they are totally affordable! I bought mine used at 52,000 miles for $7,500. If you discover this hidden gem for sale, buy it!

Favorite Features

Head room, digital dashboard, power, fuel economy, reliability

Suggested Improvements

None. This is a great car. I guess to make it perfect would be to give it a hybrid engine, but it's pretty fuel efficient as is.

Fun and economical
By MGJ

2002 Suzuki Aerio SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car with 27k miles on it. I now have 115,000 0n it. So far the only major thing thats happened was I had to put a clutch kit in at about 87k. My daughter was trying to learn to drive a stick & I attributed that to her slipping the clutch so much. Before I retired I drove this car almost 1000 miles a week for 3 years. It gets between 28-35 mpg on highway and a little less in the city. It is roomier and peppier that the new Honda Fit which looks like the Aerio SX.

Favorite Features

Roomy little car.

Suggested Improvements

Better suspension and more comfortable seats. Wish they still made this model.

175000 and still runs great
By Mike

2002 Suzuki Aerio S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I use this car for work. Stop and go driving. I start and stop the engine approx 41 times a day and the car runs for 10-12 hrs at a time. I have beat this car into construction sites, drilled a guard rail doing 65 mph backwards, and drove it off road nailing rocks and going over logs. I replaced tires, two front wheel bearings at 150,000 miles, 4 front brake rotors, a serpentine belt. It now needs a full exhaust system and a radiator, its not the most comfortable car on the market or the most fuel effecient but keep good fluids in it and it should provide you with adaquate transportation. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one again.

Favorite Features

Only paid 10k for it .

Suggested Improvements

More sound insulation, lots of road noise, more comfortable seats, better gas mileage. I only got 27 mpg, perhaps an automatic with a overdrive.

Good Pick 2002 SX 5M
By Cary

2002 Suzuki Aerio SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this 2002 in Nov 2003 as a "temporary" car after the one I was dring was totaled. Four years later, still going strong. No real problems from SX at all. Good room inside, plenty of head room for me (6'3"). Nice design touches: reclining rear seats, arm rest in rear, cargo cover, height adj front seat, tilt steering, storage tray under pass seat . Not a huge fan of digital dash, but function can't be faulted and forward visibility is excelent. Easy to maintain, good on tires and brakes. MPG good but not great (28-29 most of the time), that bigger engine has its downside.

Favorite Features

Interior space, seat height, a lot of standard features.

Suggested Improvements

Out of production, but could have had longer shifter lever, rear disc brakes.

Upgrades
By djcs

2002 Suzuki Aerio SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Suzuki Aerio seems to have no power and no leg room. The engine size needs to be a 2.8 liter or larger. This will give much better gas mileage and power to pick up speed due to the wieght of the vehicle. The steering wheel needs to be raised more up words. The dash board could have more features. GPS maybe. This is a family station wagon. The family needs to be safe and know where they are going.

Favorite Features

I kile how this vehicle is inconspicuous and does not draw too much attention.

Suggested Improvements

Increase the valve size on the engine, giving the vehicle more pickup power and allowing it to still save gas because it is so light. Also, add more luxury features, like GPS.