2002 Suzuki Aerio S Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Suzuki Aerio - Consumer Reviews

2002 Aerio Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aerio model:

Sort Reviews by

Aerio SX YAY!
By Qeenasheba

2002 Suzuki Aerio SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The 2002 Suzuki Aerio SX was the best car I have ever had. I would give it an 11 on a scale from 1 to 10. It's sporty and fun to look at as well as to drive. It has tons of storage, and kept me safe in an accident. I love this car!

Favorite Features

The hidden ice bucket, great gas mileage, exterior design, fold down seats...everything!

Suggested Improvements

Be carefull of the low front bumper.

my aerio
By john

2002 Suzuki Aerio S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Best quality auto have owned and ease of handling is superb definitely will look at Suzuki when buying in the far future the build is above everything else and is built to last years. Just needs a cruise control as the engine will get you way the speed limit if you don't monitor.

Favorite Features

makes you feel like in a much higher priced auto, Like the simple but easy to read dash instruments.

Suggested Improvements

Add cruise control to all models

The only import I can fit in
By TA62

2002 Suzuki Aerio GS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is great on gas, very quick, and the room inside is awesome and comfortable. It looks good and it has more power and room than those honda sardine cans(civic).

Favorite Features

The room, the power, and the ride comfort

Suggested Improvements

More aftermarket parts, PLEASE!!!

solid Jap sub-compact
By rr

2002 Suzuki Aerio SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i like this most popular sub-compact (in Japan 2002-03) Japanese car though it isn't a real sporty car. The design and the material quality stand well after a year and a half. I drove it to Vegas twice. The car is also my daily working transportation. So far except routing oil changes, i have no other expenses yet. However, the rim and tires can be enlarged one standard higher. The aired suspension can be improved if the sporty feature isn't upgraded in the future...Suzuki should changes its marketing strategy, and more aggressively competes with other top brand names.

Favorite Features

I like the modern style with the relative large sapce on the wagon. The equipment doesn't look cheap at all. The features is well thought though still can be improved in the next generation.

Suggested Improvements

Aerio should be marketed as a sub- sporty wagon with good 0 to 60 starting speed. I believe the engine output isn't compatible with horse power. There are things it can do to improve. Since Subaru can make their niche, why can't the famous Jap Motorcycle producer?

Drove alot in one year
By one_aerio

2002 Suzuki Aerio SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car so far has been great. It is comfortable for long commute and easy to maneuver. An added bonus is plenty of space. Presently at 34000 miles there has been a steady increase of build noise. Panel fasteners have begun to make themselves known. Furthermore, if the rear windows are open while the front windows are up the buffeting of the wind will shake the rear doors. Good car for the price.

Favorite Features

The high appointment of the front seats, great cargo space and good pep in the engine

Suggested Improvements

Tighten up the build quality; the noise is a bit much. Also tilt the rear seats a little more; the straight up seats are a little uncomfortable on long drives.

Nice Little Car
By robarr

2002 Suzuki Aerio SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Aerio. Although it has had a few problems that the dealership could not fix. So now I'm stuck with a car that hummmms when I step on the gas and when I come to an idle a rattling sound comes from the front of the car. Very disappointed with the dealerships mechanics and i now have to take the car which is still under warranty to my mechanic and pay out of my pocket. Thanks for nothing Suzuki Techs!

Favorite Features

sound system, peppiness, elevated rear seating & dashboard

Suggested Improvements

sunroof, in the rain when you crack the window water pours in. GET BETTER SUZUKI TECHNICIANS!!!!

2002 Suzuki Aerio SX wagon
By puce

2002 Suzuki Aerio SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Have had no problems. comfortable and enjoyable to drive. Not out to race with corvettes but performance beat the other i tried (Toyota,Honda,Pontiac) and pricing great. Great car for the money and very reliable.

Favorite Features

Ease of entry and egress. My mother is 84 years old and this is the only car she wants to ride in because of the ease of entry (Wide doorway, seat height).

Suggested Improvements

Gas milage could be improved. the moter runs great but timing like Honda would probably increase mileage. Get 25 in town and 32 on highway with automatic and using cruise control

Budget but Beautiful
By KC in WA

2002 Suzuki Aerio S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought a used ex-rental(with a touch under 18K miles) Aerio S automatic for my wife. OK it's a budget car, (power windows, but no power locks, why?) but in silver she be lookin' fine (both the wife and the car!) Due to the price I paid, $8900 ($92 more than Edmunds TMV!), I am persona non grata at the used car lot, but hey it's the car my wife wanted at the price I wanted!

Favorite Features

Cheap but cool (OK, if I have to...its...cute), 141 hp, lots of room, "Best Pick" crash test rating by IIHS-HLDI, timing chain not belt = savings down the road, built in Japan

Suggested Improvements

Powerlocks and locking gas cap standard on the S model. Better tires. Just say no to Suzuki Dealer gouging on service, parts, and accessories.

Excellent for city drivers
By tomgunn711

2002 Suzuki Aerio SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I did extensive research and test drives of the competition (Matrix, Protege5 and Focus) before settling on the Aerio SX AWD ABS. Basically, with the best crash rating from the IIHS and incredible value for an AWD car, I couldn't resist. The seating position and terrific views are perfect for the city. Also, the handling is good although highway stability was prob. best in the Protege5. There is more seating room than the others and the reliability has been Lexus like. I have had no issues whatsoever in 6 months.

Favorite Features

AWD, ABS, safty rating, interior room,

Suggested Improvements

lose the digital display (although it is fine at night, I am a traditionalist). Also, when the car is wet, opening the windows allows water to drop right into the door cloth which I feel is an oversight.

Great Car, Great Price
By Jesse2040

2002 Suzuki Aerio S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great Car with 140HP+, VERY reliable. my friends with their focis(focuses) and cavaliers laugh at my choice to go over-seas. I laughed at both of them last week when their crappy american made cars were in the shop for sensor failures and oil leaks. Gas miliage is great. It has a lot of pep to it.

Favorite Features

Price,Insurance,reliability

Suggested Improvements

wheres the after-makert parts?