2002 Suzuki Aerio Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aerio model:
Sub-Toyota Quality
By tucsonics on 08/09/12 03:04 AM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki Aerio Wagon SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The quality sucks. I had to have the water pump replaced, engine mounts replaced, right axel replaced, and only have 99k miles. The front spoiler is too low, and got hooked on many curbs. It's trashed and costs $800 to replace. Not worth it. Poor paint job, scratches off easy to reveal black primer on bumpers.

This Car Should Definately Be Revived!
By kimmypoo on 03/30/09 16:24 PM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki Aerio Wagon SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car used from a dealership. Hadn't ever seen any model like it. I was actually one of the first in my entire community w/ this type of car, stopping traffic w/ people asking me what type of car it was how cute it was. So, that tells you something about it's looks. Driving experience has been wonderful. No problems whatsoever. I use mine everyday over 123k now and still great. Roomy (even for 6,4 husband), reliable, works great! I'd want to buy another one if needed but found it's been discontinued. W/ this car's reliability record, this should not be! Bring it back Suzuki!

Love this car
By ccox on 07/15/08 12:57 PM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki Aerio Wagon SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car because I really like the way it drove. Very comfortable, quick response, roomy. At the time I really wanted a Chevy Monte Carlo, but when I test drove it, I decided on the Aerio. Much more room! I have had this car for 4 years and have no complaints, no problems! It's a great car.

Fun and economical
By MGJ on 04/13/08 20:54 PM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki Aerio Wagon SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car with 27k miles on it. I now have 115,000 0n it. So far the only major thing thats happened was I had to put a clutch kit in at about 87k. My daughter was trying to learn to drive a stick & I attributed that to her slipping the clutch so much. Before I retired I drove this car almost 1000 miles a week for 3 years. It gets between 28-35 mpg on highway and a little less in the city. It is roomier and peppier that the new Honda Fit which looks like the Aerio SX.

Good Pick 2002 SX 5M
By Cary on 11/02/07 07:56 AM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki Aerio Wagon SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this 2002 in Nov 2003 as a "temporary" car after the one I was dring was totaled. Four years later, still going strong. No real problems from SX at all. Good room inside, plenty of head room for me (6'3"). Nice design touches: reclining rear seats, arm rest in rear, cargo cover, height adj front seat, tilt steering, storage tray under pass seat . Not a huge fan of digital dash, but function can't be faulted and forward visibility is excelent. Easy to maintain, good on tires and brakes. MPG good but not great (28-29 most of the time), that bigger engine has its downside.

Upgrades
By djcs on 03/31/06 04:38 AM (PST)

2002 Suzuki Aerio Wagon SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Suzuki Aerio seems to have no power and no leg room. The engine size needs to be a 2.8 liter or larger. This will give much better gas mileage and power to pick up speed due to the wieght of the vehicle. The steering wheel needs to be raised more up words. The dash board could have more features. GPS maybe. This is a family station wagon. The family needs to be safe and know where they are going.

Aerio SX YAY!
By Qeenasheba on 01/03/06 01:16 AM (PST)

2002 Suzuki Aerio Wagon SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The 2002 Suzuki Aerio SX was the best car I have ever had. I would give it an 11 on a scale from 1 to 10. It's sporty and fun to look at as well as to drive. It has tons of storage, and kept me safe in an accident. I love this car!

solid Jap sub-compact
By rr on 01/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Suzuki Aerio Wagon SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i like this most popular sub-compact (in Japan 2002-03) Japanese car though it isn't a real sporty car. The design and the material quality stand well after a year and a half. I drove it to Vegas twice. The car is also my daily working transportation. So far except routing oil changes, i have no other expenses yet. However, the rim and tires can be enlarged one standard higher. The aired suspension can be improved if the sporty feature isn't upgraded in the future...Suzuki should changes its marketing strategy, and more aggressively competes with other top brand names.

Drove alot in one year
By one_aerio on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Suzuki Aerio Wagon SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car so far has been great. It is comfortable for long commute and easy to maneuver. An added bonus is plenty of space. Presently at 34000 miles there has been a steady increase of build noise. Panel fasteners have begun to make themselves known. Furthermore, if the rear windows are open while the front windows are up the buffeting of the wind will shake the rear doors. Good car for the price.

Nice Little Car
By robarr on 10/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki Aerio Wagon SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Aerio. Although it has had a few problems that the dealership could not fix. So now I'm stuck with a car that hummmms when I step on the gas and when I come to an idle a rattling sound comes from the front of the car. Very disappointed with the dealerships mechanics and i now have to take the car which is still under warranty to my mechanic and pay out of my pocket. Thanks for nothing Suzuki Techs!