Used 2002 Suzuki Aerio Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Suzuki Aerio Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aerio model:

Sub-Toyota Quality
By tucsonics

2002 Suzuki Aerio Wagon SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The quality sucks. I had to have the water pump replaced, engine mounts replaced, right axel replaced, and only have 99k miles. The front spoiler is too low, and got hooked on many curbs. It's trashed and costs $800 to replace. Not worth it. Poor paint job, scratches off easy to reveal black primer on bumpers.

The main feature is huge interior room in rear with seats folded.Good gas milage, comfortable ride.

Stop making it.

This Car Should Definately Be Revived!
By kimmypoo

2002 Suzuki Aerio Wagon SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car used from a dealership. Hadn't ever seen any model like it. I was actually one of the first in my entire community w/ this type of car, stopping traffic w/ people asking me what type of car it was how cute it was. So, that tells you something about it's looks. Driving experience has been wonderful. No problems whatsoever. I use mine everyday over 123k now and still great. Roomy (even for 6,4 husband), reliable, works great! I'd want to buy another one if needed but found it's been discontinued. W/ this car's reliability record, this should not be! Bring it back Suzuki!

body style, very spacious interior, terrifically built car!

Revive this model and give it leather and sunroof options!

Love this car
By ccox

2002 Suzuki Aerio Wagon SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car because I really like the way it drove. Very comfortable, quick response, roomy. At the time I really wanted a Chevy Monte Carlo, but when I test drove it, I decided on the Aerio. Much more room! I have had this car for 4 years and have no complaints, no problems! It's a great car.

Great handling, good get-up on the freeway. Good sound system. Easy to clean upholstery, doesn't seem cheap on the inside. I've used my Aerio SX to haul 10 ft long building materials inside my car. Love the digital odometer.

Sunroof, maybe mine just didn't come with it? Seems to me the car is fine the way it is.

Fun and economical
By MGJ

2002 Suzuki Aerio Wagon SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car with 27k miles on it. I now have 115,000 0n it. So far the only major thing thats happened was I had to put a clutch kit in at about 87k. My daughter was trying to learn to drive a stick & I attributed that to her slipping the clutch so much. Before I retired I drove this car almost 1000 miles a week for 3 years. It gets between 28-35 mpg on highway and a little less in the city. It is roomier and peppier that the new Honda Fit which looks like the Aerio SX.

Roomy little car.

Better suspension and more comfortable seats. Wish they still made this model.

Good Pick 2002 SX 5M
By Cary

2002 Suzuki Aerio Wagon SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this 2002 in Nov 2003 as a "temporary" car after the one I was dring was totaled. Four years later, still going strong. No real problems from SX at all. Good room inside, plenty of head room for me (6'3"). Nice design touches: reclining rear seats, arm rest in rear, cargo cover, height adj front seat, tilt steering, storage tray under pass seat . Not a huge fan of digital dash, but function can't be faulted and forward visibility is excelent. Easy to maintain, good on tires and brakes. MPG good but not great (28-29 most of the time), that bigger engine has its downside.

Interior space, seat height, a lot of standard features.

Out of production, but could have had longer shifter lever, rear disc brakes.