2002 Suzuki Aerio Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aerio model:
Suzuki Aerio 2002 GS
By blubaustin on 07/21/13 03:20 AM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki Aerio Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Pretty cheap car to buy bought one for $1400 with 95k miles, currently has 98k miles. Pretty good starter car if you can invest the money in it to keep it running. For example: a person who cant consistently pay a car payment ontop of full coverage insurance but can afford to save up money and eventually fix stuff. Car is pretty peppy so I don't know what other people are talking about on the car not having pep. Also seems to get pretty good gas mileage. Hwy it averages about 35mpg city, I haven't really measured.

Great Car!
By Curtis on 04/29/10 13:27 PM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki Aerio Sedan GS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I got this car 2 years ago with 45,000 miles on it. I have been in 2 accidents with it and it still runs great. It has 94,000 and I've never had a problem with it besides now-a-days it doesn't want to shift right away when I get above 50 mph and my radio has a short. Other than that it is a good starter car. I am looking to get rid of it thought because I want a SUV.

A hidden gem
By Brian Defferding on 05/16/08 08:25 AM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki Aerio Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Suzuki Aerios are like the perfect secret. It's a little seen car that will last forever and is a blast to drive. It has plenty of headroom (something other Japanese cars like Hondas and Toyotas sometimes lack), has a spunky engine, performs well in winter. I drive my Aerio around to conventions all around the midwest, racked up tons of miles and any repairs it needs is routine maintainence and oil changes. And the best part - they are totally affordable! I bought mine used at 52,000 miles for $7,500. If you discover this hidden gem for sale, buy it!

175000 and still runs great
By Mike on 12/26/07 19:01 PM (PST)

2002 Suzuki Aerio Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I use this car for work. Stop and go driving. I start and stop the engine approx 41 times a day and the car runs for 10-12 hrs at a time. I have beat this car into construction sites, drilled a guard rail doing 65 mph backwards, and drove it off road nailing rocks and going over logs. I replaced tires, two front wheel bearings at 150,000 miles, 4 front brake rotors, a serpentine belt. It now needs a full exhaust system and a radiator, its not the most comfortable car on the market or the most fuel effecient but keep good fluids in it and it should provide you with adaquate transportation. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one again.

my aerio
By john on 05/21/05 13:27 PM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki Aerio Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Best quality auto have owned and ease of handling is superb definitely will look at Suzuki when buying in the far future the build is above everything else and is built to last years. Just needs a cruise control as the engine will get you way the speed limit if you don't monitor.

The only import I can fit in
By TA62 on 05/21/05 05:01 AM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki Aerio Sedan GS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is great on gas, very quick, and the room inside is awesome and comfortable. It looks good and it has more power and room than those honda sardine cans(civic).

Budget but Beautiful
By KC in WA on 08/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki Aerio Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought a used ex-rental(with a touch under 18K miles) Aerio S automatic for my wife. OK it's a budget car, (power windows, but no power locks, why?) but in silver she be lookin' fine (both the wife and the car!) Due to the price I paid, $8900 ($92 more than Edmunds TMV!), I am persona non grata at the used car lot, but hey it's the car my wife wanted at the price I wanted!

Great Car, Great Price
By Jesse2040 on 08/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki Aerio Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great Car with 140HP+, VERY reliable. my friends with their focis(focuses) and cavaliers laugh at my choice to go over-seas. I laughed at both of them last week when their crappy american made cars were in the shop for sensor failures and oil leaks. Gas miliage is great. It has a lot of pep to it.

Suzuki Aerio RULES this CLASS!!!
By Gkxp on 05/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki Aerio Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Aerio's interior finish/materials feel very Germanic (Golf-like), the engine is very quick off the line and smooth at 80MPH Highway Speeds, the digital dash is GREAT! The seats are all firm and very supportive and there is plenty of room. There is also a TIMING CHAIN, not a timing belt as well as the 7 Year/100000 Mile Powertrain Warranty also. I would just recommend to anyone, before buying anything else in this class to cross- shop this car, because I think you would find it to outperform the others in most categories, aside from the Aerio feeling more upscale and substantial than its price would suggest.

new car
By njacks on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Suzuki Aerio Sedan GS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It is a fun car to drive, has alot of power for the cars in its class. I have yet to see alot of aftermarket parts, but im sure there soon to come. There is alot of room, I'm 6'4" and i fit in this car pretty good. The resale value is not that good, but its not a civic.