Used 2002 Suzuki Aerio Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Suzuki Aerio - Consumer Reviews

2002 Suzuki Aerio Sedan

View reviews for a specific Aerio model:

Suzuki Aerio 2002 GS
By blubaustin

2002 Suzuki Aerio Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Pretty cheap car to buy bought one for $1400 with 95k miles, currently has 98k miles. Pretty good starter car if you can invest the money in it to keep it running. For example: a person who cant consistently pay a car payment ontop of full coverage insurance but can afford to save up money and eventually fix stuff. Car is pretty peppy so I don't know what other people are talking about on the car not having pep. Also seems to get pretty good gas mileage. Hwy it averages about 35mpg city, I haven't really measured.

Favorite Features

My favorite features of this car are the 6 disc cd changer, the fold down seats that can be folded down individually. I also like the body style of the car.

Suggested Improvements

I really wish the throttle body problem was fixed so that every 80-90k miles you didn't have to buy a new one for $1400. This should be listed on the edmunds reliabilty problems. The internal wax pellet breaks down and eventually leaks and you have to replace it because it controls the idle, and fuel with the vechile, and cause a coolant leak. I also wish suzuki would've used normal lifters instead of hydralic lifters because at startup there is a slight tick when warming up. Also if you live in a warm climate and have a ping, and higher octane fuel is not helping much get a colder spark plug go from a 5 to a 6 one, that cured my pinging problem. And cats(2) go out at 90k. Body roll =(

Great Car!
By Curtis

2002 Suzuki Aerio Sedan GS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I got this car 2 years ago with 45,000 miles on it. I have been in 2 accidents with it and it still runs great. It has 94,000 and I've never had a problem with it besides now-a-days it doesn't want to shift right away when I get above 50 mph and my radio has a short. Other than that it is a good starter car. I am looking to get rid of it thought because I want a SUV.

Favorite Features

The digital dash, the space inside the car is incredible and good gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Put cruise control in it, keyless entry, and maybe a sunroof in them would be nice!

A hidden gem
By Brian Defferding

2002 Suzuki Aerio Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Suzuki Aerios are like the perfect secret. It's a little seen car that will last forever and is a blast to drive. It has plenty of headroom (something other Japanese cars like Hondas and Toyotas sometimes lack), has a spunky engine, performs well in winter. I drive my Aerio around to conventions all around the midwest, racked up tons of miles and any repairs it needs is routine maintainence and oil changes. And the best part - they are totally affordable! I bought mine used at 52,000 miles for $7,500. If you discover this hidden gem for sale, buy it!

Favorite Features

Head room, digital dashboard, power, fuel economy, reliability

Suggested Improvements

None. This is a great car. I guess to make it perfect would be to give it a hybrid engine, but it's pretty fuel efficient as is.

175000 and still runs great
By Mike

2002 Suzuki Aerio Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I use this car for work. Stop and go driving. I start and stop the engine approx 41 times a day and the car runs for 10-12 hrs at a time. I have beat this car into construction sites, drilled a guard rail doing 65 mph backwards, and drove it off road nailing rocks and going over logs. I replaced tires, two front wheel bearings at 150,000 miles, 4 front brake rotors, a serpentine belt. It now needs a full exhaust system and a radiator, its not the most comfortable car on the market or the most fuel effecient but keep good fluids in it and it should provide you with adaquate transportation. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one again.

Favorite Features

Only paid 10k for it .

Suggested Improvements

More sound insulation, lots of road noise, more comfortable seats, better gas mileage. I only got 27 mpg, perhaps an automatic with a overdrive.

my aerio
By john

2002 Suzuki Aerio Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Best quality auto have owned and ease of handling is superb definitely will look at Suzuki when buying in the far future the build is above everything else and is built to last years. Just needs a cruise control as the engine will get you way the speed limit if you don't monitor.

Favorite Features

makes you feel like in a much higher priced auto, Like the simple but easy to read dash instruments.

Suggested Improvements

Add cruise control to all models