Used 2002 Suzuki Aerio Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Suzuki Aerio - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aerio model:

Suzuki Aerio 2002 GS
By blubaustin

2002 Suzuki Aerio S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Pretty cheap car to buy bought one for $1400 with 95k miles, currently has 98k miles. Pretty good starter car if you can invest the money in it to keep it running. For example: a person who cant consistently pay a car payment ontop of full coverage insurance but can afford to save up money and eventually fix stuff. Car is pretty peppy so I don't know what other people are talking about on the car not having pep. Also seems to get pretty good gas mileage. Hwy it averages about 35mpg city, I haven't really measured.

My favorite features of this car are the 6 disc cd changer, the fold down seats that can be folded down individually. I also like the body style of the car.

I really wish the throttle body problem was fixed so that every 80-90k miles you didn't have to buy a new one for $1400. This should be listed on the edmunds reliabilty problems. The internal wax pellet breaks down and eventually leaks and you have to replace it because it controls the idle, and fuel with the vechile, and cause a coolant leak. I also wish suzuki would've used normal lifters instead of hydralic lifters because at startup there is a slight tick when warming up. Also if you live in a warm climate and have a ping, and higher octane fuel is not helping much get a colder spark plug go from a 5 to a 6 one, that cured my pinging problem. And cats(2) go out at 90k. Body roll =(

Sub-Toyota Quality
By tucsonics

2002 Suzuki Aerio SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The quality sucks. I had to have the water pump replaced, engine mounts replaced, right axel replaced, and only have 99k miles. The front spoiler is too low, and got hooked on many curbs. It's trashed and costs $800 to replace. Not worth it. Poor paint job, scratches off easy to reveal black primer on bumpers.

The main feature is huge interior room in rear with seats folded.Good gas milage, comfortable ride.

Stop making it.

Great Car!
By Curtis

2002 Suzuki Aerio GS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I got this car 2 years ago with 45,000 miles on it. I have been in 2 accidents with it and it still runs great. It has 94,000 and I've never had a problem with it besides now-a-days it doesn't want to shift right away when I get above 50 mph and my radio has a short. Other than that it is a good starter car. I am looking to get rid of it thought because I want a SUV.

The digital dash, the space inside the car is incredible and good gas mileage

Put cruise control in it, keyless entry, and maybe a sunroof in them would be nice!

This Car Should Definately Be Revived!
By kimmypoo

2002 Suzuki Aerio SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car used from a dealership. Hadn't ever seen any model like it. I was actually one of the first in my entire community w/ this type of car, stopping traffic w/ people asking me what type of car it was how cute it was. So, that tells you something about it's looks. Driving experience has been wonderful. No problems whatsoever. I use mine everyday over 123k now and still great. Roomy (even for 6,4 husband), reliable, works great! I'd want to buy another one if needed but found it's been discontinued. W/ this car's reliability record, this should not be! Bring it back Suzuki!

body style, very spacious interior, terrifically built car!

Revive this model and give it leather and sunroof options!

Love this car
By ccox

2002 Suzuki Aerio SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car because I really like the way it drove. Very comfortable, quick response, roomy. At the time I really wanted a Chevy Monte Carlo, but when I test drove it, I decided on the Aerio. Much more room! I have had this car for 4 years and have no complaints, no problems! It's a great car.

Great handling, good get-up on the freeway. Good sound system. Easy to clean upholstery, doesn't seem cheap on the inside. I've used my Aerio SX to haul 10 ft long building materials inside my car. Love the digital odometer.

Sunroof, maybe mine just didn't come with it? Seems to me the car is fine the way it is.