2002 Suzuki Aerio - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aerio model:
Suzuki Aerio 2002 GS
By blubaustin on 07/21/13 03:20 AM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki Aerio S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Pretty cheap car to buy bought one for $1400 with 95k miles, currently has 98k miles. Pretty good starter car if you can invest the money in it to keep it running. For example: a person who cant consistently pay a car payment ontop of full coverage insurance but can afford to save up money and eventually fix stuff. Car is pretty peppy so I don't know what other people are talking about on the car not having pep. Also seems to get pretty good gas mileage. Hwy it averages about 35mpg city, I haven't really measured.

Sub-Toyota Quality
By tucsonics on 08/09/12 03:04 AM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki Aerio SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The quality sucks. I had to have the water pump replaced, engine mounts replaced, right axel replaced, and only have 99k miles. The front spoiler is too low, and got hooked on many curbs. It's trashed and costs $800 to replace. Not worth it. Poor paint job, scratches off easy to reveal black primer on bumpers.

Great Car!
By Curtis on 04/29/10 13:27 PM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki Aerio GS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I got this car 2 years ago with 45,000 miles on it. I have been in 2 accidents with it and it still runs great. It has 94,000 and I've never had a problem with it besides now-a-days it doesn't want to shift right away when I get above 50 mph and my radio has a short. Other than that it is a good starter car. I am looking to get rid of it thought because I want a SUV.

This Car Should Definately Be Revived!
By kimmypoo on 03/30/09 16:24 PM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki Aerio SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car used from a dealership. Hadn't ever seen any model like it. I was actually one of the first in my entire community w/ this type of car, stopping traffic w/ people asking me what type of car it was how cute it was. So, that tells you something about it's looks. Driving experience has been wonderful. No problems whatsoever. I use mine everyday over 123k now and still great. Roomy (even for 6,4 husband), reliable, works great! I'd want to buy another one if needed but found it's been discontinued. W/ this car's reliability record, this should not be! Bring it back Suzuki!

Love this car
By ccox on 07/15/08 12:57 PM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki Aerio SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car because I really like the way it drove. Very comfortable, quick response, roomy. At the time I really wanted a Chevy Monte Carlo, but when I test drove it, I decided on the Aerio. Much more room! I have had this car for 4 years and have no complaints, no problems! It's a great car.

A hidden gem
By Brian Defferding on 05/16/08 08:25 AM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki Aerio S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Suzuki Aerios are like the perfect secret. It's a little seen car that will last forever and is a blast to drive. It has plenty of headroom (something other Japanese cars like Hondas and Toyotas sometimes lack), has a spunky engine, performs well in winter. I drive my Aerio around to conventions all around the midwest, racked up tons of miles and any repairs it needs is routine maintainence and oil changes. And the best part - they are totally affordable! I bought mine used at 52,000 miles for $7,500. If you discover this hidden gem for sale, buy it!

Fun and economical
By MGJ on 04/13/08 20:54 PM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki Aerio SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car with 27k miles on it. I now have 115,000 0n it. So far the only major thing thats happened was I had to put a clutch kit in at about 87k. My daughter was trying to learn to drive a stick & I attributed that to her slipping the clutch so much. Before I retired I drove this car almost 1000 miles a week for 3 years. It gets between 28-35 mpg on highway and a little less in the city. It is roomier and peppier that the new Honda Fit which looks like the Aerio SX.

175000 and still runs great
By Mike on 12/26/07 19:01 PM (PST)

2002 Suzuki Aerio S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I use this car for work. Stop and go driving. I start and stop the engine approx 41 times a day and the car runs for 10-12 hrs at a time. I have beat this car into construction sites, drilled a guard rail doing 65 mph backwards, and drove it off road nailing rocks and going over logs. I replaced tires, two front wheel bearings at 150,000 miles, 4 front brake rotors, a serpentine belt. It now needs a full exhaust system and a radiator, its not the most comfortable car on the market or the most fuel effecient but keep good fluids in it and it should provide you with adaquate transportation. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one again.

Good Pick 2002 SX 5M
By Cary on 11/02/07 07:56 AM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki Aerio SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this 2002 in Nov 2003 as a "temporary" car after the one I was dring was totaled. Four years later, still going strong. No real problems from SX at all. Good room inside, plenty of head room for me (6'3"). Nice design touches: reclining rear seats, arm rest in rear, cargo cover, height adj front seat, tilt steering, storage tray under pass seat . Not a huge fan of digital dash, but function can't be faulted and forward visibility is excelent. Easy to maintain, good on tires and brakes. MPG good but not great (28-29 most of the time), that bigger engine has its downside.

Upgrades
By djcs on 03/31/06 04:38 AM (PST)

2002 Suzuki Aerio SX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Suzuki Aerio seems to have no power and no leg room. The engine size needs to be a 2.8 liter or larger. This will give much better gas mileage and power to pick up speed due to the wieght of the vehicle. The steering wheel needs to be raised more up words. The dash board could have more features. GPS maybe. This is a family station wagon. The family needs to be safe and know where they are going.