2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 2.0L 4-cyl. AWD CVT Automatic Consumer Review - Never thought I'd buy a

2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek - Consumer Review

Premium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4-cyl. AWD CVT Automatic)

Never thought I'd buy a Subaru
By katethegreat84 on

2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

When I first started looking at cars I never even thought to look at the Crosstrek or Subaru. As a real estate agent I wanted something nice but didn't want to go the standard issue luxury car everyone seems to drive. When a family member recommended the forester, I wasn't thrilled but went to test drive it anyway. While at the dealership I saw this little beauty and fell in love. I can cart around my clients and all my signs/lockboxes/excess Realtor stuff. But its also very comfortable and safe feeling. Being able to sit up high is a plus when you drive 20k miles a year. I highly recommend the GPS option, with it you get an upgraded sound system and a back up camera. I love my Crosstrek!

Favorite Features

The GPS came with the back up camera, my first experience with one. After driving it a month I wouldn't want to drive a car without it. I also love that you get to sit up, but I don't get that top heavy feeling that some traditional SUVs have. The roadside service is pretty handy as well, they were quick and polite when I got a flat last week after running over a nail. I'm really glad I got the extended tire and wheel warranty!

Suggested Improvements

I like the interior, its very minimalistic. But I would love to see it look a little more high end. Also as someone who lives in Florida year round (yes through those sticky sweaty summers) I'd love to see seat coolers instead of seat warmers.