Poor Heat Ouptput
By jagerhood on
2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)
I'll start off my review with the cons, although I really do like my car. I'm not a car expert, but thought I could give my feedback to real world drivers. Bought the car early Dec and driving through a Cold NJ winter! That being said I have not ever been warm enough in this car!! The fan is Loud but there is not a whole heck of a lot of heat coming out especially on the floor!! I hate the Radio, but my iPod music sounds Great! I also think there could be more storage compartments as well as an armrest for the driver. Finallly, not lovin the black on black on black interior. You see every speck!! The "ivory" was not an option - that would have been black in a week.
Favorite Features
My fav feature is the MPG - it's why I bought the car along with the AWD feature. In this snowy winter I have had ZERO problems. Handles great and I'm averaging 30mpg ! I love the exterior styling, color (silver) and wheels. I have not had any issues with power, but I'm not a hot rod driver so power for me has been adequate. I didn't want a giant car payment and this car fit what I was looking for in terms of safety, gas mileage and AWD , this coming from a gas gusling but luxurious van.
Suggested Improvements
I wish they had a tan or grey interior and more mini storage areas such as in the arm rest. Could also use more contrast in the interior and a better radio, but handling and perfomance wise I have no complaints.
By frickinfrack
on 05/25/14 21:35 PM (PDT)

Hello Jersey, I just purchased my crosstrek a few day's ago...I love it! Living off-grid w/ several miles of dirt road and a steep mountain to travel to our canyon home...life is 100% better w/ my new Subaru! It is perfect for all my off road needs! As for the lacking of an arm rest...no worries...if you pull your console lid (between the driver and passenger seats)forward, you will have an arm rest! We discovered this today and I thought of you! God Bless and Happy Motoring!