Better than expected
By subiedriver6 on
2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)
I have been sold on Subaru for many years, but this is a change from my usual purchase of a Forester. The engine is just average in regard to performance, but exceptional in gas mileage, averaging 29 in rural back road driving. The seats are very comfortable and the cabin seems much more roomy compared to the Foresters I have had in the past. The doors are large and provide easy in/out access. The exterior styling is aggressive and has received a lot of compliments, while the interior is more just utilitarian and the radio readout is disappointing. Overall, the more I drive it, the better I like it.
Favorite Features
Smooth ride, AWD, mpg, cvt transmission
Suggested Improvements
Seat heater switches are awkward to reach
By subiedriver6
on 07/12/14 04:33 AM (PDT)

Just an update: I have now driven this vehicle 7800 miles. Over the first 7500 I have averaged 30.3 mpg which I am extremely pleased with. I have had no issues of any kind with any components, and after getting used to the quirks of ctv, I am pleased with it also. I just had to learn to use the paddle shifters if extra torque is needed. As a side note: my first oil change at 7500 took over an hour. When I got my car back from the dealer, it was washed, dried, and polished and they said there was absolutely no charge for anything because it took so long. Actually, I would have settled for a "sorry about that" as I was busy doing work on their free wifi so I didn't notice the time. But I appreciated their concern.