2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XV Crosstrek model:
Disappointed with my first Subaru
By ndw on 06/28/14 16:54 PM (PDT)

2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek Hybrid Hybrid Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've actually had an entirely different experience with my Crosstrek Hybrid, other than I can agree with another user's problems with the navigation. There are so many rattles, all over the car. The worst is with the plastic covering the speedometer and tachometer displays. People who ride in my car say things like, "Doesn't that noise drive you crazy?" Mine was delivered in November, so I wonder if it's early off the manufacturing line and those problems have been worked out. Subaru has been most unhelpful in resolving my issues - this will be my last Subaru.

Great car!
By davennc on 06/16/14 18:52 PM (PDT)

I've had my XV Crosstrek hybrid for two months now and have been extremely happy with it. I've been getting 35 mpg around town and about 38mpg hwy, which is double than my 2003 Baja. Comfortable ride, minimal road noise, a lot of get up and go from a stand still, & the CVT transmission has been smooth. I've had several people (including a police officer pull up to me) to ask me about the car- "I didn't know Subaru made a hydrid." If you're looking for Prius like mileage, than buy a Prius; Although you won't have the awesome AWD of a Subaru, headroom, legroom, cargo carrying ability, nor will your Prius be able to get out of its own way in a sticky traffic situation.

not very hybridy (so far)
By fried003 on 02/12/14 10:59 AM (PST)

Not getting the suggested MPGs so far during a cold winter; hoping it improves. Car rarely runs in "green" power based on the indicator. Otherwise it's decent enough/comfortable. I got the touring model, which has all the bells & whistles, some of which I don't understand, such as the entertainment system. But it has everything I'd ever want in a vehicle + other stuff. But, so far, it's not fulling the primary expectation.

XV Hybrid Gulf Coast
By ts45 on 02/09/14 05:53 AM (PST)

2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek Hybrid Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

XV Hybrid since 12/28/2013, Satin White Pearl, St.trim. Our first Subaru, had several Honda's in the past..My wife is main driver, have taken plenty of opportunity to drive myself. We are really happy with our purchase, test drove the 2014 Forester and 2014 non hybrid XV, both nice but were sold on the Hybrids ride and refinement. The base Audio system has been nice, a good quality CD recording sounds fine, a bad CD one, bad… Blue tooth is working well, takes a little time to Pair.This is our first CVT Transmission, very impressed, love it. Hill climbs are really smooth and quiet, no sudden gear change, plenty of torque, love the CVT. Have observed Gas MPG 33+, about 50/50 City/HGWY.

I Love THIS car!
By holderad on 01/26/14 19:37 PM (PST)

I love my 2014 Plasma Green Crosstrek Hybrid. My one word description: Awesome! The hybrid system works significantly better than any hybrid I test drove. It is used for power / torque augmentation more than fully powering the car most of the time. I think Subaru under-reported their MPG figures on purpose. The car is not even broken in, and I'm getting almost 38 MPG highway and so far about 31.7 MPG with downtown driving. The car does some kinda magic with the CVT and that electric motor. It is seamless. The car has "the pull" at all speeds that it's all gas brother just doesn't. I mean, you can feel the surge at highway speeds when you stand on it to pass. The symmetrical AWD is fantastic!

Wow, I Get To Be The First Reviewer
By the_craw on 01/26/14 15:37 PM (PST)

I purchased the Hybrid Touring about a month ago, and have over 1,400 miles on it. For context, I live in the Northeast, and the weather has been brutal pretty much each day since I've owned it. The car drives really nicely. It is quiet, and the steering has good feedback without being overly stiff. It also has a nice exterior look. Traction has been great. As far as the mileage, it has been disappointing. It has averaged about 27 MPG. Like I said, the weather has been really cold, and it is only 1,400 miles, so that might be holding it back. Even with highway only trips I have not been able to average over 29MPG, and I'm not a super fast driver.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.