Used 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek Hybrid

View reviews for a specific XV Crosstrek model:

Subaru Crosstrek Hybred: Total Lemon?
By Frustrated Subaru owner

2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek Hybrid Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After having a Toyota for over 10 years then a Honda CRV for over 10 years with no issues, my husband and I decided to purchase a a Subaru Crosstrek Hybred 2014 which looks good on the outside (but BIG MISTAKE). By January 2015 a message appeared in the dash board whenever I started the car that said(check hill star assist). At my first service, I told the service people and they told me they did not find anything wrong, nor saw the message. I continued to drive the car with the message appearing on and off when finally in November/December 2015 more messages appeared and check engine light appeared and stayed on all the time. I made an appointment to get the car checked in November, this time they told me they fixed it and the lights went away. Within a few months after they told me they (fixed it) the messages reappeared and I brought the car back in March for them to "fix" again. I waited for about an hour and they called me and told me they fixed the problem and the messages and lights were gone. As soon as I turned on the car and try to drive off all the lights and messages reappeared, I called the service person who took the car and said they were going to check it again. After waiting for over an hour they finally told me they there was a transmission control cover problem and they would have to keep the car until June 2015 because they had to order the part. In the middle of April after not receiving an update from Subaru, I finally called and after a few choice words with the manager they told me the car will be ready at the end of April. On April Friday 29, 2015 I received a call from Subaru and they told me they changed the transmission control cover and the lights went away and every thing was fine. So I picked up the car that same day (Friday April 29, 2015). By Sunday May 1 (2 days after picking up the car) those lights that they claimed went away reappeared. I had to take the car back (May 2) and am still waiting May 17, 2015 for word on what is the problem. At this point I am very ANGRY at the run around. I got the warranty which I am using for now to "fix" the car but what is going to happen when it runs out.

Good value
By LSO528

2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek Hybrid Hybrid Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Not a car for the snow
By Mi

If you drive in real snow conditions this is not a car you will want. My wife and I have owned 5 Subaru's and this is an absolute disaster. Traffic was stopped on a slight incline on a mountain road as we moved forward the Subaru lost traction and slid all the way across the on coming lane into the snow bank. Tires in excellent condition but this Subaru will not grip the road as my others have. All kinds of other cars and trucks did not have the same problem. Fortunately the oncoming lane was clear as I slid across the road. It took 3 guys pushing to get us out of the snow bank. Car continued to slip and slide when others did not. AWD in this car has design flaw. Do not trust it except on flat roads it is ok.

2014 crostrek review
By Fred Cook

Car ate tires like mad and all any of subarus representatives would say is nothing wrong with car its driving style. Original tires lasted 15000 miles second set were rated at 100000 miles but were 20% gone in 5000 miles

fun car good gas mileage

Fix rear suspension geometry. Alignment was perfect empty car out 2 good sized people in it and rear sags to point everyone you meet brightlights you and the rear toe goes out of spec by more than 50 points causing extremely rapid tire wear and most likely reduced drive train life.

crosstrek hybrid-where has the quality gone?
By ny2dc

I owned a subaru forester from 1999-2004...loved the car. Not the nicest looking car but I lived in Colorado at the time and it was the perfect car to commute with as well had drive to the mountains. Since then I moved back east and stuck with toyota/lexus. With the new hybrid crosstrek I thought I would give it another try. I bought the car as a demo model so I did get a great deal, but long story short I was very disappointed. I kept the car only a few months and traded it back in. What a piece of junk. First.. no where near the 29/33. I averaged 23 mpg. The interior of the car was like a toy car. Very low quality. Overall the car is a piece of junk. Beware.

Car rack