Wish I could take it back
By themed3 on
2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)
Too bad there's no 90 day return policy. But first, there are some things to like about this car. The stereo and blue tooth work well. The all wheel drive is nice. Ok, I'm out. Really, my disappointment in this car boils down to one single thing: a 200 lb tongue weight limit on the trailer hitch. The thing is pictured in marketing materials with trailer hitch bike racks, etc. But a 200 lb limit? That's like a rack and maybe 2 bikes. Forget cargo carriers. I had 300 lbs on my Honda Accord and I thought that was whimpy, but really who puts a trailer hitch on an Accord (besides me)? As boring as the CRV was, I'm kinda wishing for a little Honda back in my life.
Favorite Features
stereo, blue tooth, heated seats!!!!, all weather package, moon roof
Suggested Improvements
trailer hitch with at least a 300 lb tongue weight limit, more is better, less is just stupid. It's a Subaru, people, not a Toyota. Stuck trying to suspend a bike rack over the back hatch and strap a cargo carrier to the roof. And trying to haul my hitch mounted bike rack and hitch mounted cargo carrier to Goodwill.
By dmyoung42
on 05/20/13 13:46 PM (PDT)

The manufacture lists a towing capacity of 1500 Lbs, states that the roof rack can hold 150 lbs, and that the tongue can hold 200 lbs. That should be more then adequate for most applications. I'm not sure what you are attempting put on a car that has only a 4 cylinder engine and 148 hp that would require a higher tongue capacity then 200 lbs but if you do need this increased tongue capacity then I would suggest that you would perhaps need a larger SUV or truck and should not be shopping in the CUV market at all.