2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Consumer Review: Subitrek Follow-up Review of C

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek - Consumer Review

Premium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4-cyl. AWD CVT Automatic)

Subitrek Follow-up Review of Crosstrek
By subitrek on

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I posted a review of the Crosstrek Premium CVT several weeks ago. I've had several additional weeks to drive the vehicle. Subaru says that I should get 28 MPG combined and 33 MPG Highway. I have consistently been getting 32+ MPG combined, and 37 MPG highway. This has been a big suprise in getting much better than advertized MPG. If your looking for a vehicle with sports car-like acceleration in mid-range then look elsewhere. However, do yourself a big favor and test drive a Crosstrek, I think you will be really suprised in a good way.

My favorite features about the Crosstrek are the style, handling, and versatility of storage. And, for some reason, I am really smitten with the neat (but not teenager-like) dark red interior lighting. I've never had fog lights on a vehicle before and really like their use in back road driving. I've had to drive the vehicle in a couple of significant downpours of rain and the Crosstrek handled like a champ. Slow pick-up in the mid-gear range appears to be disapating as the engine starts to get broken in.

Subaru needs to work a bit to get the wind noise down just a fraction during highway driving.