Not For Big People
By connrailfan on
2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)
I bought my Subaru XV Crosstrek in August of 2013. It was peppy and fun to drive. They are nice looking cars and have a nice feel for the road. Compared with other cars I test drove, the Crosstrek had less modern, and not thought out dashboard. For example: The main gauges are red, which is great at night, but there are two glaring blue panels in the dash too that compete. There aren't as many gauges as other cars too, mostly warning lights. The dash bezels also squeeked on bumps. I'm a 5' 10" man. I had the seat all the way back. Three months with the car I started have back issues from the seats that grew worse. By this spring it was difficult for me to drive for any length of time.
Favorite Features
The all wheel drive is awesome. Driving in the snow using the manual mode and the paddle shifters was great. I've driven many four wheel drives and the XV Crosstrek was easily the most sure footed.
Suggested Improvements
Redesign the seats!!! There's very little lumbar support. The dash could use some modernizing. I expect Japanese cars to be more advanced, but American cars have better thought out dashboards. Placement of some items are ridiculous. The switch for the heated seats is next to the driver's right hip close enough to be buried under your winter coat or accidentally turned on or off while attaching the seat belt.