Best Bang for your Buck! 1st Time Subie Owner
By hittheroadjack on
2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)
I purchased my Crosstrek Limited in June, and I am still trying to find excuses to drive it. I love it! It's just the right size for us. Small and nimble enough to navigate the urban 9-5, but large enough for our weekend adventures. Plenty of room for toddlers giant car seats, and the height is ideal for them to get in and out. I have had several 4 cylinder cars, and I think the Crosstrek has more punch than any of my previous ones. It also rides more smooth and quiet. I live in the middle of the city, so I drive mostly stop and go traffic. I am averaging 25.4 MPG since I bought in June. On a long road trip with heavy crosswinds and a loaded car we avg. 32.7 MPG
Favorite Features
Symmetrical AWD feels very secure to icy and snowy roads. Heated seats & mirrors. Most of my previous cars were manual transmissions, so I was a little worried about adjusting to the CVT. It was a seamless transition. It makes a different sound that is for sure, but it is not any louder than any other 4 cylinder I've had. I shopped a lot of cars, and I felt this car gave us everything we wanted and needed. If I added up the same features and options on the other cars I was looking at, I would have to spend $5,000-$8,000 more.
Suggested Improvements
Initially I agreed the speakers are weak. After some tweaking, however, the speakers are willing and capable. The stock settings on the radio are weak. I faded the speakers 3/4 to the front and adjusted treble, bass, etc. Big improvement. That said, if you are a music aficionado and you can swing it, buy the upgraded speakers.