2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Consumer Review: Not For Big People

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (2.0L 4-cyl. AWD CVT Automatic)

Not For Big People
By connrailfan on

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my Subaru XV Crosstrek in August of 2013. It was peppy and fun to drive. They are nice looking cars and have a nice feel for the road. Compared with other cars I test drove, the Crosstrek had less modern, and not thought out dashboard. For example: The main gauges are red, which is great at night, but there are two glaring blue panels in the dash too that compete. There aren't as many gauges as other cars too, mostly warning lights. The dash bezels also squeeked on bumps. I'm a 5' 10" man. I had the seat all the way back. Three months with the car I started have back issues from the seats that grew worse. By this spring it was difficult for me to drive for any length of time.

5/1/16- I sold the Crosstrek soon after I wrote the initial review. The Subaru seats did create a problem with my back. BTW- I never had any back issues until I bought the SV Crosstrek. It took a zillion visits to the chiropractor and about a year driving another vehicle before my back felt better. I never asked the doctor, but I think it might have been my hips that had the real trouble with the Crosstrek seats. I know many people who drive this car with no problems, but I also know some others who had a similar experience to me. If you are having an issue, get rid of the car! The first clue is you will find yourself stuffing pillows in the lumbar area of the seat. I took a big financial hit, but decided my back or hip problems were definitely from the Crosstrek. AND THEY WERE! I sold the car after 8 months and 15,000 miles and have not regretted it.

• Road holding

• Rear seats
  • Front seats
  • Ride comfort
  • Logic of controls
  • Interior design

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review