My wish list for the Crosstrek
By doraflood on
2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)
Bought Crosstrek Feb2013 --wish I had waited for the 2014 Forrester. While an initial test drive MIGHT convince you to buy the Crosstrek -- you get bored and frustrated will quickly as you drive around your neighborhood. While you might enjoy the 8.7" ground clearance-try wearing a baseball cap and putting the visor down. If the seat is forward or up, it can't be done. Same goes for tall people. Taking the head rest off the passenger side - even with an open moonroof, can't be done. They need to add 3" to height - which might also help with cooling the car: the angle of the windshield causes higher heat from sun buildup-making AC less efficient.
Favorite Features
Of the favorite features -- I love my back up camera! To bad those aren't mandatory on all new vehicles. Unfortunately, if you've paired your cell phone, you'll be in for a surprise when backing up after engine start: An ANNOYING tag pops up OVER-RIDING the camera for a few seconds, stating whether or not the phone is engaged, forcing you to STOP backing up until the tag goes away- else some kid in a parking lot can run behind you and you'll never see him because the phone tag is being engaged.
Suggested Improvements
Being from the southwest, we love our remote starters. Subaru misses the mark by setting their remote to dis-engage when the doors open. By the time you've loaded the kids and groceries, all the cool (or heat) that you wasted gas on, is gone. I also cringe every time I see the Ford commercials opening the hatch by foot. Gas mileage continues to be significantly lower than listed - w/wo AC running. Bluetooth pairing with iPhone is hit or miss. GPS system prevents DRIVER from programing while driving (good thing) - but does NOT allow over-ride for a PASSENGER to program while in motion (bad). Door cup holders are not wide enough. Rear cargo nets need redesign.