Love the XV Crosstrek, Limited nav/moonroof
By cooknation on
2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)
When looking for a car I needed a CUV with decent gas mileage. Main reason was for carrying my dog and for future family family vehicle. I tested the equinox, mazda cx-5, and nissan rogue. When i went to drive the cx-5 i saw the crosstrek (Mixed dealer). So i took a shot at the crosstrek, right away the looks of the car can make you fall in love. And i know plenty of my friends with wrx's and sti's and they praise subaru. I have to say the car has been living up to the hype sofar. I got the limited CVT with nav and moonroof. The car is great and i average 31 MPG! Do not gun the car and you will find the mileage is great. Ease into acceleration, and keep an eye on the mpg needle.
Favorite Features
My favorite feature is the navigation. It is very user friendly and has a quick search that works well. It also has the split screen to show the navigation alongside the am/fm/sirius. So you can change music stations and have the nav running. The navigation sound level can be adjusted as well to speak over your music without cutting the music. I also love the AWD and great gas mileage alongside it. I am looking into getting the bike rack, so the standard rails are great for extra storage and yada yada. I couldnt be happier. oh... and tangerine :)
Suggested Improvements
The only improvement would be the engine. But it gets the job done. I could see a small turbo version going with this model to add some more hp.