Crosstrek Premium Review
By subitrek on
2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)
Bought the Premium Crosstrek CVT one week ago.I have been very impressed with the quality of the vehicle build, very solid and responsive. The exterior which I bought in dark gray is really sporty but sophisticated looking. The interior is very comfortable and has a very simple and useful layout. Plenty of room in the back seats with a 60/40 fold down for extra storage. Love that daytime running lights, fog lights, and heated seats are standard with the premium model. Interior lighting is very need with a calm red. MPG has been as advertised. Trade-in a pickup truck that got half of the MPG.
Favorite Features
Daytime running lights, fog lights, layout.
Suggested Improvements
Better standard stereo system and standard XM radio option in premium version. Wind noise can be slightly distracting when on the highway.
By noah_early
on 09/30/13 15:43 PM (PDT)

If you have crossbars on your roof rack, try removing them and see if the wind noise goes away. I noticed wind noise on the interstate after I bought mine and a few minutes with the factory supplied torx wrench solved it. Not ideal, but it worked. Also, I think moving the mirrors down on the doors also creates a whistle on windy days. Nothing you can do about that but learn to live with it. At least it improved forward and side visibility. I agree, the standard speakers are worse than the ones in my 12 year old Cherokee. Subaru - Instead of offering good ones as an option, just install them in the cars to start with and remove a major gripe from a lot of your customers.