2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Consumer Review: Better than Impreza

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek - Consumer Review

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek

Better than Impreza
By fracker on

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Traded a 2012 Impreza for a Crosstrek. Impreza was WAY too low for backroads in the mountains I live in. The Crosstrek will tow 1500lbs & has nice ground clearance & much better suspension for nasty forest dirt
roads.I drove it on forest roads I'd never take the Impreza on & it did great. I can tow a motorcycle over rocks with this thing. Handles great,more truck-like. The heated seats are height adjustable which allows me to sit lower & not have the Impreza's mirror block vision on right curves(was dangerous on the Impreza). This auto transmission doesn't have near the "holdback" going down hills the Impreza's had(I had to gas that the Impreza going down hills--hated it).

MPG looks good but no real check yet. Suspension & handling,ground clearance.Will tow.MPG,I hope. Was looking at the Mazda CX5 til I saw the Crosstrek. Power seems fine, contrary to some reviews.

READABLE speedometer! This one is hard to see in some light. Dash reflects off windshield in some light conditions, not good. More than 4 ply tires that fit a Subaru. Standard mud guards as mud flys all over car's sides. Standard cruise control.Aftermarket cruise presents warranty issues(saw that with my Impreza).

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review