2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Consumer Review: Awesome car for the price

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek - Consumer Review

Premium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

Awesome car for the price
By merliech1 on

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my XV Crosstrek in November of last year and have now driven it over 5400 miles. I am averaging 28.8 mpg currently and drive about 1/2 and 1/2 on city roads and highways. I love how comfortable the car is, love the cvt transmission which is nice and smooth, love the overall style of the car and love how it handles in the snow. I also upgraded the speakers and added the subwoofer. Absolutely amazing sound. Paid about $25k for the car and definitely feel I got my money's worth. I previously owned a 2003 Forester. Purchased the XV Crosstrek for the improved gas mileage. I honestly believe that I will be a life-long Subaru owner.

AWD, bluetooth enabled, upgraded speakers and subwoofer, very comfortable seating, great handling, heated seats.

I don't particularly care for the placement of the power buttons for the heated seats. With the seat up further, since I am short, I have to reach backwards to get at the buttons. Other than that, the subwoofer is huge and had to be mounted in the hatch, which ended up using quite a bit of cargo space.
By connie1016
on 05/04/13 13:25 PM (PDT)

When you say you up graded, do you mean the dealer installed? Because as much as I love my crosstrek I hate the speakers. They almost sound as though they've been "blown" and they've been that way since day 1 :(