2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XV Crosstrek model:
happy overall...
By connie1016 on 05/04/13 13:49 PM (PDT)

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek SUV Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I happy with the purchase of my new Crosstrek so far but at just over 5,000 miles I'm starting to notice things I'm not thrilled about. I'm only getting 27MPG avg. I thought I'd do better. Sometimes when I put it in drive it takes 15 seconds or more to actually Go. When I first start it (even when it's not cold) it's rather loud and rattles. The stereo is not user friendly at all. I wish I had up graded but I didn't want to spend another $1000 for a navigation system I didn't want. The standard speakers just don't sound good. I've got a list for the dealer when I go back for my oil change. I'll come back w an update later.

LOOOOOOOOOOVE this car!
By shaina0707 on 05/03/13 10:14 AM (PDT)

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I've only had my Crosstrek about 3 weeks now and I've put about 700 miles on it. I drive a mix of city and highway and have been averaging 28.8-29.1. My mom bought one a month before me and she drives only city in a busy shopping area, so she is not the most fuel-efficient driver (quick starts/stops). I absolutely LOVE this car - it handles so well, feels so secure and solid on the road, very comfortable, has all the conveniences I need (heated seats, rearview camera, HD radio, etc), and on top of that both my mom and I get compliments (esp the wheels) wherever we go! I love driving this car and am excited for the AWD in winter - this drives much better than my RAV4, glad I switched to Sub!

Wish I could take it back
By themed3 on 04/24/13 18:33 PM (PDT)

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Too bad there's no 90 day return policy. But first, there are some things to like about this car. The stereo and blue tooth work well. The all wheel drive is nice. Ok, I'm out. Really, my disappointment in this car boils down to one single thing: a 200 lb tongue weight limit on the trailer hitch. The thing is pictured in marketing materials with trailer hitch bike racks, etc. But a 200 lb limit? That's like a rack and maybe 2 bikes. Forget cargo carriers. I had 300 lbs on my Honda Accord and I thought that was whimpy, but really who puts a trailer hitch on an Accord (besides me)? As boring as the CRV was, I'm kinda wishing for a little Honda back in my life.

Way better than standard impreza
By belchfire on 04/16/13 18:02 PM (PDT)

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek SUV Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

We were in the market for a new car. We own a 2000 impreza and have been very pleased with it. 230K miles and very few problems. I saw that the 2012 impreza with the 2.0 engine and CVT transmission was rated @36 MPG. This is super mileage for an AWD vehicle. I test drove one and wasn't completely sold on it. I trashed the shocks, brakes and the fact that the base model doesn't have cruise control. There must have been a hidden microphone because not long after the crosstrek was introduced. They fixed everything. Better suspension, huge killer brakes, bigger gas tank & radiator and a lower gear ratio. Nice 17" wheels and a more ridged body structure. Much, much better car 30+ mpg so far.

LOVE my New XV Crosstreck
By coolpool50 on 04/08/13 09:30 AM (PDT)

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek SUV Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this so I would have a crossover with good gas mileage, comfortable to drive and be great in the snow and on dirt roads. Prevoulsy owned a 2006 Toyo Higlander which I loved, but gas mileage was killing me. Have owned toyota since "86" So far I have not been disapionted ! I drive 60 miles per day for work on a highway that can be very nasty in bad wheather. I got hit with a couple of snow storms right after buying this. Very nice! handled like a dream. Used the heated seats very comfortable. Getting around 27.6 combinded and 30-32 straight highway. I get allot of complements on the look (white pearl ext. w/ivory/black int.) Pick up is fine, very peppy, handles great on corners.

Bummed about MPG!
By sraskin on 04/07/13 09:59 AM (PDT)

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek SUV Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I really like most things about the car but I am getting terrible (15-19) mpg after 3,000 miles and I don't understand why! I purchased the car expecting it get pretty good MPG around the city, yet still be a fun weekend car for mountain adventures. It has a solid interior, good handling, relatively high clearance and a rugged look, all of which I like. But for some reason the mpg is totally lacking. I am a mellow driver and I do a mix of city/hwy, so I can't figure out any obvious explanation for the bad mileage.

Love the ride.
By willie01 on 04/02/13 17:45 PM (PDT)

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek SUV Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

There are lot of things to like about the car, but he most impressive is the the way it drives. I have always heard about how fun they are to drive but never given it much thought. This car handles great, off road capabilities are on par with the 4 wheel drive toyota's I own or better. Thight well built car with quality through out. Getting 27.8 combined mpg's so far with 564 miles on the car. Like the vesitality and quirkey nature of this car. I do a lot of soft sand and beach driving here in Fl. and it hasn't let me down. If your looking for a car out of the mainstream with a lot of features that make it a fun go anywhere car,I think you would like it.

disappointed
By sholescurtis on 03/24/13 11:39 AM (PDT)

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Since this is my first Subaru, I feel I may not have a good understanding of what to expect. I am quite disappointed by the car after only having it about six weeks. I am barely getting 20 mpg, far less than advertised, and one of the major reasons I purchased this car. I do find the engine extremely loud and bothersome but again, this may be characteristic of a Subaru? I feel it definitely lacks power but I was willing to sacrifice that for decent mpg, which is why I am frustrated beyond belief. I would seriously reconsider purchasing another and yet I realize that anyone I know that's owned a Subaru, loves them.

Zippy
By saintcase on 03/04/13 14:34 PM (PST)

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek SUV Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I am really enjoying my new Crosstrek Subaru. Never had one before, and hopefully won't be the last. Really liked working with Steve Lewis Subaru, and they gave us a better deal than the other ones in the area. Would definetly recommend this new vehicle and Steve Lewis Subaru.

Awesome car for the price
By merliech1 on 02/23/13 20:23 PM (PST)

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek SUV Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my XV Crosstrek in November of last year and have now driven it over 5400 miles. I am averaging 28.8 mpg currently and drive about 1/2 and 1/2 on city roads and highways. I love how comfortable the car is, love the cvt transmission which is nice and smooth, love the overall style of the car and love how it handles in the snow. I also upgraded the speakers and added the subwoofer. Absolutely amazing sound. Paid about $25k for the car and definitely feel I got my money's worth. I previously owned a 2003 Forester. Purchased the XV Crosstrek for the improved gas mileage. I honestly believe that I will be a life-long Subaru owner.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Suv in VA is:

$139 per month*