2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XV Crosstrek model:
Way better than standard impreza
By belchfire on 04/16/13 18:02 PM (PDT)

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

We were in the market for a new car. We own a 2000 impreza and have been very pleased with it. 230K miles and very few problems. I saw that the 2012 impreza with the 2.0 engine and CVT transmission was rated @36 MPG. This is super mileage for an AWD vehicle. I test drove one and wasn't completely sold on it. I trashed the shocks, brakes and the fact that the base model doesn't have cruise control. There must have been a hidden microphone because not long after the crosstrek was introduced. They fixed everything. Better suspension, huge killer brakes, bigger gas tank & radiator and a lower gear ratio. Nice 17" wheels and a more ridged body structure. Much, much better car 30+ mpg so far.

LOVE my New XV Crosstreck
By coolpool50 on 04/08/13 09:30 AM (PDT)

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this so I would have a crossover with good gas mileage, comfortable to drive and be great in the snow and on dirt roads. Prevoulsy owned a 2006 Toyo Higlander which I loved, but gas mileage was killing me. Have owned toyota since "86" So far I have not been disapionted ! I drive 60 miles per day for work on a highway that can be very nasty in bad wheather. I got hit with a couple of snow storms right after buying this. Very nice! handled like a dream. Used the heated seats very comfortable. Getting around 27.6 combinded and 30-32 straight highway. I get allot of complements on the look (white pearl ext. w/ivory/black int.) Pick up is fine, very peppy, handles great on corners.

Bummed about MPG!
By sraskin on 04/07/13 09:59 AM (PDT)

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I really like most things about the car but I am getting terrible (15-19) mpg after 3,000 miles and I don't understand why! I purchased the car expecting it get pretty good MPG around the city, yet still be a fun weekend car for mountain adventures. It has a solid interior, good handling, relatively high clearance and a rugged look, all of which I like. But for some reason the mpg is totally lacking. I am a mellow driver and I do a mix of city/hwy, so I can't figure out any obvious explanation for the bad mileage.

Love the ride.
By willie01 on 04/02/13 17:45 PM (PDT)

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

There are lot of things to like about the car, but he most impressive is the the way it drives. I have always heard about how fun they are to drive but never given it much thought. This car handles great, off road capabilities are on par with the 4 wheel drive toyota's I own or better. Thight well built car with quality through out. Getting 27.8 combined mpg's so far with 564 miles on the car. Like the vesitality and quirkey nature of this car. I do a lot of soft sand and beach driving here in Fl. and it hasn't let me down. If your looking for a car out of the mainstream with a lot of features that make it a fun go anywhere car,I think you would like it.

disappointed
By sholescurtis on 03/24/13 11:39 AM (PDT)

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Since this is my first Subaru, I feel I may not have a good understanding of what to expect. I am quite disappointed by the car after only having it about six weeks. I am barely getting 20 mpg, far less than advertised, and one of the major reasons I purchased this car. I do find the engine extremely loud and bothersome but again, this may be characteristic of a Subaru? I feel it definitely lacks power but I was willing to sacrifice that for decent mpg, which is why I am frustrated beyond belief. I would seriously reconsider purchasing another and yet I realize that anyone I know that's owned a Subaru, loves them.

Zippy
By saintcase on 03/04/13 14:34 PM (PST)

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I am really enjoying my new Crosstrek Subaru. Never had one before, and hopefully won't be the last. Really liked working with Steve Lewis Subaru, and they gave us a better deal than the other ones in the area. Would definetly recommend this new vehicle and Steve Lewis Subaru.

Awesome car for the price
By merliech1 on 02/23/13 20:23 PM (PST)

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my XV Crosstrek in November of last year and have now driven it over 5400 miles. I am averaging 28.8 mpg currently and drive about 1/2 and 1/2 on city roads and highways. I love how comfortable the car is, love the cvt transmission which is nice and smooth, love the overall style of the car and love how it handles in the snow. I also upgraded the speakers and added the subwoofer. Absolutely amazing sound. Paid about $25k for the car and definitely feel I got my money's worth. I previously owned a 2003 Forester. Purchased the XV Crosstrek for the improved gas mileage. I honestly believe that I will be a life-long Subaru owner.

First Subaru
By ron_in_dg on 02/23/13 11:04 AM (PST)

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my Crosstrek through Edmunds web site; this required me to go pretty far afield - I live in IL but the dealer is located in WI. It was worth the trip to save the money. None of the local dealers would negotiate price at all. I got pretty much exactly what I wanted (plus the optional fancy rear view mirror and the all season floor mats) the first week the vehicle was available. LOVE the car. It is a lot peppier than I was expecting based on the reviews I had read. It is great in the snow. I've got about 4400 miles on it so far. Ask me again in 10 years how it's doing.

Return of the rough rider
By rivernsnow on 02/06/13 16:33 PM (PST)

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

3 or 4 stars, but am giving it the benefit of the doubt. Only had it a couple weeks. The engine has plenty of zip. The CVT noise is only noticable if you floor it, which isn't needed to get quick acceloration. Corners and holds the road really well. Getting 26 MPG all around which is low for my 40 mile RT city/hwy commute. I'll wait till it's broken to see if it gets the advertised 28 MPG all around. Styling inside and out is nice. Front seats are quite comfy. The back seats not so much which accent the abrupt or jerky ride. That's my biggest issue. Annoying even over modestly rough surfaces. Rougher than most of the other small/ midsize SUV's I drove. Subaru needs to work on this .

Interior options
By carscientious on 01/10/13 16:57 PM (PST)

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

The Crosstrek "limited" offers only two stereo head units-the standard unit w/o Satellite capability and the NAV system with SAT. As satellite users for several years, we made a dreadful mistake in buying this SUV without making sure the "Limited" version had SAT. Adding a mobile car unit is "cheesy" and takes up more room especially if you have a "Garmin" on the dash. An aftermarket unit can be quite pricey and can range $500-$1800 including installation. Our local Subaru dealer quoted $4500 for a new Subaru factory NAV system if available and requiring a new antenna if wiring is possible. Would have given up leather seats for cloth in order to get SAT. :-(

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek in VA is:

$135 per month*