Used 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XV Crosstrek model:

winter heat
By rumely

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

for the most part I was happy with the XV till winter came. it dives fine but there is very low heat out put at the floor. it feels like the AC is on. the dealer pulled it in a heated shop to check it. ? and did not drive it out the back roads like i do to and from work. The heater stays set on high and i never get warm. they said it was working fine. My old VW Bugs had way better heat.

Dealers that hear you when you say there no heat driving out on the roads. I do not drive to and from work in a heated shop. grrrrrrr

Great Car for the Money
By meandrew228

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

this is my third Subaru, I have been driving mostly German cars over the years but my last 3 cars which I usually keep no more than 18 months haveall been subies. love the german cars but quality over the years has gone down hill. not sure what it is but I love the control of the All wheel Drive it just sucks the road. I drove a 2011 outback for a little while with the cvt and was under powered. I choose the 5 speed crosstrek because of the lack of power on the cvt . I think if you stick with the 5 speed it really brings out the true car. it would be even better is there was a turbo version. the build quality is better than the outback probably because its made in japan.

love the orange color, nothing really out there even compares to the subie, heated seats rock iam 5.9 and the seats are just perfect. not sure about for taller people.

a few of the plastics are a little cheaper looking but the car is made in japan and I think that is such a great thing.

Safest Car On the Road
By spenza253

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

A few nights ago I hit a deer with my 2013 Subaru Crosstrek, unfortunately she might be totaled. The most amazing thing about this car? How safe it is! I hit the deer going about 55 mph, both the steering wheel airbag and, to my surprise because I did not know it existed, an airbag at knee - calf level. Upon hitting the deer the car felt solid, and in the drivers seat I felt completely secure, I was not going anywhere. My Subaru provided me with the ultimate protection from the accident and I will forever rant about how safe and amazing this car is. I am 17 years old and this was my first car, and I recommend this car for worried parents who want the safest car on the road.

Love is what subaru is about is right!
By mlevato

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Never had a Subaru before. Son & daughter in law have had a few. Live in Michigan where winter is rough. Son convinced me to lease new Crosstrek. I love it!!! I get super great gas mileage. In fact one time I went 20 days between fill ups. I usually get anywhere from 25-29 miles per gallon, in the city. I don't drive freeway often. I can't wait to see how it handles in the winter. When lease is up I am considering going to an Outback or Forrester. Son drives Forrester, says ride isn't as smooth as CrossTrek. Outlback is. So may be that one. I have no complaints what so ever. I love love my CrossTrek.

Heated seats.

After 9 months review
By rivernsnow

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Nice Little SUV. Cool looking! Sufficiant power, but not a sports car. Steady pedal application versus jamming it down, eliminates most of the comments about droning or response. Very comfortable front seats, Great road hugging performance! Rides rougher than expected. It's small so with two adults and a toddler on a road trip it's really packed to the max. Like Edmunds review said, does not get advertised mileage. Expect 25.5- 26 MPG average Using 89 octane brings it up to 27- 28 Bad - can't power or remote entry lock without arming alarm. If you use a sub key/non remote entry key, alarm wakes neighbors at 5 AM. Manual locking not available on rear hatch!!! No air vents for rear passengers

Interior and exterior styling. Front seat comfort. Heated front seats. Excellent road handling / cornering. Lower roof height makes mounting my fishing kayaks much easier Although not as advertised, good mileage for an AWD. Good leg room front and back. I'm 6'3"

Locking issue a safety hazard. Can't give a friend a sub key and expect them to explain to Police or Zimmerman type neighborhood watch, why they set off alarm. With locking issue all keys need to be remote entry. Subaru limits smart keys to 4 which is dumb. Therefore can't misplace one or take extra. If only smart keys are offered, need to cost less. Manual locking not available on rear hatch!!! Fix that issue !!! Need to add keyed entry on rear hatch. Key entry on passenger door would be good too. USB in front center box is a mistake. No protection so it can clog with gunk or metal could short it out. Move USB to dash. Make rear seats more comfortable. Rear passengers notice rougher ride