2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XV Crosstrek model:
Love is what subaru is about is right!
By mlevato on 09/27/13 09:24 AM (PDT)

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Never had a Subaru before. Son & daughter in law have had a few. Live in Michigan where winter is rough. Son convinced me to lease new Crosstrek. I love it!!! I get super great gas mileage. In fact one time I went 20 days between fill ups. I usually get anywhere from 25-29 miles per gallon, in the city. I don't drive freeway often. I can't wait to see how it handles in the winter. When lease is up I am considering going to an Outback or Forrester. Son drives Forrester, says ride isn't as smooth as CrossTrek. Outlback is. So may be that one. I have no complaints what so ever. I love love my CrossTrek.

After 9 months review
By rivernsnow on 09/20/13 11:26 AM (PDT)

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Nice Little SUV. Cool looking! Sufficiant power, but not a sports car. Steady pedal application versus jamming it down, eliminates most of the comments about droning or response. Very comfortable front seats, Great road hugging performance! Rides rougher than expected. It's small so with two adults and a toddler on a road trip it's really packed to the max. Like Edmunds review said, does not get advertised mileage. Expect 25.5- 26 MPG average Using 89 octane brings it up to 27- 28 Bad - can't power or remote entry lock without arming alarm. If you use a sub key/non remote entry key, alarm wakes neighbors at 5 AM. Manual locking not available on rear hatch!!! No air vents for rear passengers

I love my Crosstrek, but it needs more power
By noah_early on 09/19/13 11:07 AM (PDT)

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I work in DC, but we own a cabin in Lexington, VA and live in Northern VA. It handles gravel roads as well as the interstate and gets very close to the EPA ratings. If you are disappointed with your's try comparing your odometer with mile markers or GPS. Mine reads almost 2% slow, which means we are actually getting .6 MPG better than the car calculates. The ground clearance is perfect, our 80+ pound lab mix can get in and out of it without the struggle he has with our Jeeps and it has not bottomed out on several rutted, gravel roads. Also check visibility before buying. The high belt line and low roof make rear visibility poor for shorter drivers.

Love my subaru
By cgoodall on 08/27/13 11:32 AM (PDT)

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my Crosstrek in January, 2013. Thus far, I have 16,000 miles of mostly highway driving (probably a 75/25 split) and am averaging 32-33 MPG with the automatic transmission. Though it doesn't have exceptional power or acceleration. what do you expect from a 4 cylinder motor? While the synthetic oil is certainly more expensive, you don't need to change oil except every 7,500 miles (some say 10,000 miles). This makes it roughly comparable to annual oil costs with regular oil. I have gone many places that a regular 2 WD sedan would never have taken me.

I would buy this car all over again!
By katysubie on 08/20/13 06:45 AM (PDT)

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 2nd Subaru - my first was a 2006 Outback 2.5i Limited. I was sad to trade it in but I am so SO thrilled about this Crosstrek. First of all, the appearance is sweet - I have gotten so many compliments on how sharp-looking the car is (which is what I thought, too!) The interior is also really nice and very comfortable, with all of the creature comforts I wanted in a vehicle (heated front seats, tinted windows, iPod hookups, etc.) I bought the car in a 5-speed manual and I have had nothing negative to say about the pickup and the power for this size vehicle. The gas mileage is as advertised, which I imagine has to do with the manual transmission. I will continue to buy Subaru.

Best Car I Have Ever Owned
By ameshoop on 08/02/13 16:44 PM (PDT)

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I never understood the Subaru "love" that people talk about until I got my Crosstrek! I bought this vehicle in late October of 2012 and have been happy ever since. Always get comments about my wheels. MPG runs 28 (city) to 33 (hwy). The heated seats are excellent; the a/c freezes me out; the speakers are upgraded ones and are perfect. If there is a complaint it is a little sluggish when a/c is on and I need to get moving quickly. When you are backing up - you need to leave your foot on the brake until you feel the car engage into drive or it will drift a little backwards. Other than that - wonderful vehicle and would recommend to anyone and everyone!

Disappointing
By ramjet3 on 07/27/13 11:55 AM (PDT)

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

First time Subaru owner, 2013 Crosstrek purchased Feb 2013. Less than 5000 mi, 5 dashboard warning lights started flashing, transmission won't shift. Had it towed to dealer. Not offered loan vehicle, so need to rent car at my own expense until repairs are made. I expected better of a vehicle costing nearly $25K. Also, very poor mileage, my best highway mileage is 26 mpg, best all-around mileage is 22 mpg. Definitely does not live up to advertising. I will not buy another Subaru.

So far So Good
By cel20012 on 07/23/13 17:58 PM (PDT)

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Nice little vehicle so far. Decided to downsize for better gas mileage but only getting a combined 25 so far. That is with about 50/50 driving with lots of traffic thrown in and tons of hills. Hope it gets a little better as the engine breaks in. I have seen allot about it being under powered but really haven't noticed it yet and I am coming from a V6 little truck and a Civic Si. No its not fast but plenty of power to get you where you are going.

Getting worse on gas every tank
By ski08071 on 07/22/13 15:02 PM (PDT)

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I owned an FJ Cruiser and went to the Crosstrek because of it's advertised fuel mileage. In the beginning it was getting 28-30 mpg, now it is 2 months old with 3,000 miles and it just barely gets 20 mpg. I should have kept my FJ, it may have only gotten 16 mpg but at least it was built like a tank.

My wish list for the Crosstrek
By doraflood on 07/14/13 15:40 PM (PDT)

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Bought Crosstrek Feb2013 --wish I had waited for the 2014 Forrester. While an initial test drive MIGHT convince you to buy the Crosstrek -- you get bored and frustrated will quickly as you drive around your neighborhood. While you might enjoy the 8.7" ground clearance-try wearing a baseball cap and putting the visor down. If the seat is forward or up, it can't be done. Same goes for tall people. Taking the head rest off the passenger side - even with an open moonroof, can't be done. They need to add 3" to height - which might also help with cooling the car: the angle of the windshield causes higher heat from sun buildup-making AC less efficient.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.