2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XV Crosstrek model:
Great Value & Fun To Drive
By hudsonvalleyny on 02/12/14 18:41 PM (PST)

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek SUV Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The 5 speed Crosstrek rides smooth and handles well on rough roads. It's easy to maneuver, easy to park, has a very tight turning radius and zips around town handily. On the highway it feels solid and holds its own at high speeds. AWD is amazing in snow. Stated gas mileage is accurate, but I can do better: 26-30 in mixed, 32-34 hwy. Interior is comfortable but spartan.You have the basic features you need and they're all standard. Acceleration is surprisingly quick especially if you wind out the gears. Hills need a downshift. Gas pedal is more responsive than the rubbery CVT pedal. It's not as solid and spacious as our 2014 Forester but gets way better gas mileage. Wheels get attention!

Great Car for the Money
By meandrew228 on 11/12/13 13:22 PM (PST)

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek SUV Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

this is my third Subaru, I have been driving mostly German cars over the years but my last 3 cars which I usually keep no more than 18 months haveall been subies. love the german cars but quality over the years has gone down hill. not sure what it is but I love the control of the All wheel Drive it just sucks the road. I drove a 2011 outback for a little while with the cvt and was under powered. I choose the 5 speed crosstrek because of the lack of power on the cvt . I think if you stick with the 5 speed it really brings out the true car. it would be even better is there was a turbo version. the build quality is better than the outback probably because its made in japan.

I would buy this car all over again!
By katysubie on 08/20/13 06:45 AM (PDT)

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek SUV Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 2nd Subaru - my first was a 2006 Outback 2.5i Limited. I was sad to trade it in but I am so SO thrilled about this Crosstrek. First of all, the appearance is sweet - I have gotten so many compliments on how sharp-looking the car is (which is what I thought, too!) The interior is also really nice and very comfortable, with all of the creature comforts I wanted in a vehicle (heated front seats, tinted windows, iPod hookups, etc.) I bought the car in a 5-speed manual and I have had nothing negative to say about the pickup and the power for this size vehicle. The gas mileage is as advertised, which I imagine has to do with the manual transmission. I will continue to buy Subaru.

Fun and stylish with flaws
By kydriver4 on 12/23/12 15:39 PM (PST)

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek SUV Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive XV Crosstrek with smooth shifting manual. Needs 6th gear badly! Revs are way too high above about 65 mph. Needs about 40 to 50 hp, then it would be even more fun. But the looks alone sold me.

They should make more cars like this
By prometheus20 on 11/15/12 20:47 PM (PST)

2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek SUV Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Got this car because I wanted a hatchback that can easily handle dirt and wintry roads. Also wanted a car that has good cargo space and is fun to drive. The XV makes great use of its space, especially with the seats folded down. The interior is simple but well constructed. The controls are intuitive. This car is fun to take through corners at a decent speed. Despite the 8.7inches of ground clearance, there's very little body roll. The suspension and traction on rough back roads is great. Acceleration is good from a stand still and adequate in the mid range. Not much torque so I frequently need to downshift for hills. Also, the engine is loud and revs high at highway speed.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.