2016 Subaru WRX Sedan Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Subaru WRX Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific WRX model:

I couldn't love my car more
By Cherijoli

2016 Subaru WRX Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I am a service manager at a car dealer and have been exposed to many makes and models. This is by far the most fun car to drive!!!!

WRX Made My Smile Wider:)
By Buddy

2016 Subaru WRX Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I own/lease a 2017 WRX.And this cars despite some reviews does not ride harsh at all .I have never been so impressed with the performance .Steering is awesome and car is as tight as a drum.Get one! You will love it.

Everyday Dad Mobile!!!
By Lance

2016 Subaru WRX Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car can easily fit a family of 5 as long as your kids are all 12 and under. A lot of fun to drive and extremely easy to drive. I do agree the clutch is a little touchy compared to others I've had before. I see myself enjoying this car for years to come, and who knows I might get another one when I pass this on to the kids!!

fast fun car electronics suck
By Wayne Boucher

2016 Subaru WRX Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this car the day after Christmas and I love the handle and acceleration, I have a 2006 Miata 213,000 miles which I love and kept, the new Miata looks nice but driving it was very disappointing the new Miata is a dog because of the electronics.

I wanted a manual transmission, yes corporate America not every is lazy and wants an automatic, some people like driving and hate cars that drive themselves. I love the acceleration of the car and the handling is awesome, once you shut off all the electronics crap that is. I hate the electronics, the hill assist I would not have bought the car if I could not turn hill assist off because it screws up driving the car, I shut the traction control off unless I forget, I wish I could shut off the antilock brakes, those suck. The airbags are dangerous, my daughter sits in the front and the airbags do not work by weight but by electric capacity and you can't shut them off so I am looking at how to disable them so my daughter doesn't get killed. The radio is the biggest piece of crap, it has 9 options which most of them try to connect to your phones internet, I want to delete those apps but can't. Touch screen radios in my option should be outlawed and I will be removing that crap radio from the car. They put a lot of annoying electronics in the car but if you search the net you can shut a lot of it off, wish I could shut off their annoying driving suggestions that come up when the car starts or it's icy out, I know how to drive, don't need a car telling how to drive.

On the plus the car has tons of room inside even in the back seat, more room than you would think for the cars size, they kept the interior simple which I like, I hate a lot of fancy crap, the truck is huge which is a plus because the new Miatas trunk was no bigger than a back pack. Acceleration is incredible, when you hit the throttle the car launches, it is more fun than the Lamborghini Galardo I drove because of the manual transmission. The handling is awesome too, not as nimble as the old Miata because it weighs 1000lbs more, it is still great for windy roads, lots of fun. I like the styling and you can get it real colors instead of just silver and black, I got bright blue, looks awesome. I wish I could have got a sun roof but they only came with leather and I will never own a car with leather so I will have to add the sun roof later.

If you want a fun car try a wrx, they for people who like to drive, I like to drive and will never own a self driving car.

Nice ride
By Someone Somewhere

2016 Subaru WRX Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is fast and fun, but it's also nice to drive smoothly. It can also get great mileage (29+MPG) around town if you are mindful.