2015 Subaru WRX Consumer Review: Everyday RocketShip

2015 Subaru WRX - Consumer Review

Everyday RocketShip
By nicks1028 on

2015 Subaru WRX 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Overall, I really enjoy my car. Its fast, its not too loud or too quiet. On just about any average freeway drive @ 75 mph i get about 30mpg with some passing of cars. If you drive 65mph you'll get 33-35mpg and if you cruise @ 55-60mph you will get almost 40mpg. Amazing all around car & when compared to the competition, there is no competition.

Favorite Features

Quick Steering All Wheel Drive that Glues you to the road Fuel economy is impressive for a car like this Excellent mid range power Interior looks very nice compared to last year Backup camera kicks butt Seats hold you in place very nice Price was very competitive Interior/Exterior Styling Passing gear is any gear. Never a need to down shift Hugs just about every corner effortlessly Turbo sounds great

Suggested Improvements

Firm handling results in a bumpy ride Road noise is a little much Radio sucks, not loud and no bass Very distorted radio
By mark_fex
on 08/12/14 21:36 PM (PDT)

I'm not getting the high mpg numbers that you are. I've found the computed mileage to be about 3 mpg higher than actual.

By stivt1962
on 02/23/15 17:56 PM (PST)

Thanks for this info. I've ordered one and am psyched to hear that highway mileage is good. Of course I'll drive this in a sporty way at times, but most of the miles will be highway. Even if the computer is a bit optimistic - getting high 20's or near 30 at 75 is very good for a car that does what this does. I can see that the smaller engine, twin scroll turbo, and electronic steering have helped boost mileage from previous gen. My experience with Subarus is the mileage goes up after a good 10K of break in, and even higher if you replace the restrictive downpipe and get a better (more linear) tune. My STI gained 2-4 MPG just by doing those two things - keeping original exhaust. A high flow drop in air filter might also yield another mile per gallon. Thanks for you post!