SUBARU TRIBECA LET DOWN BY SUBARU
By laurenceray on
2012 Subaru Tribeca 3.6R Premium 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)
My 4th Subaru and first Tribeca. I live in Australia and vehicle specs different to USA and Europe. Issues are, no fold back mirrors, not reversing sensors, no digital speed, no auto on/off headlights, no rear fog light/s, steering wheel not adjustiable for in and out, unable to program Sat Nav to show vehicle speed roadway speed and set over speed warning or other warnings. Also only able to install 'whereis' GPS software which cost AU$295 for a one year map. Subaru and Kenwood refused to re-program or show me how to re-program unit. No alarm system and not 'pre-wired' as advertised and then went back on deal to pay for alarm if I paid for fitting. Subaru lied and no after sales support.
Favorite Features
Handles well, performance ok, Vehicle design and looks great. Subaru constant all wheel drive system excelent as with my previous subaru's. Should have 6speed auto and diesel option.
Suggested Improvements
Allow fittment of accessories as above. Subaru have refused this and the standard items are not on par with similar SUV's such as the Mazda or Jeep to name two. Need to be also able to reprogram Sat Nav and be able to install other GPS software and the cost needs to be revised. $295 for one year is a joke I can buy a portable unit for under this with life time maps which I can program myself. Subaru have forgotten about Tribeca since the poor sales when they had the ugle front end and there lack of advertising of the vehicle, accessories etc fitted and avaliable and after sales support and service. Needs Diesel Option & 6speed auto. My 4th and last Subaru...