Used 2012 Subaru Tribeca SUV Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Subaru Tribeca SUV - Consumer Reviews

2012 Subaru Tribeca SUV

View reviews for a specific Tribeca model:

SUBARU TRIBECA LET DOWN BY SUBARU
By laurenceray

2012 Subaru Tribeca SUV 3.6R Premium 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

My 4th Subaru and first Tribeca. I live in Australia and vehicle specs different to USA and Europe.
Issues are, no fold back mirrors, not reversing sensors, no digital speed, no auto on/off headlights, no rear fog light/s, steering wheel not adjustiable for in and out, unable to program Sat Nav to show vehicle speed roadway speed and set over speed warning or other warnings. Also only able to install 'whereis' GPS software which cost AU$295 for a one year map. Subaru and Kenwood refused to re-program or show me how to re-program unit. No alarm system and not 'pre-wired' as advertised and then went back on deal to pay for alarm if I paid for fitting. Subaru lied and no after sales support.

Handles well, performance ok, Vehicle design and looks great. Subaru constant all wheel drive system excelent as with my previous subaru's. Should have 6speed auto and diesel option.

Allow fittment of accessories as above. Subaru have refused this and the standard items are not on par with similar SUV's such as the Mazda or Jeep to name two. Need to be also able to reprogram Sat Nav and be able to install other GPS software and the cost needs to be revised. $295 for one year is a joke I can buy a portable unit for under this with life time maps which I can program myself. Subaru have forgotten about Tribeca since the poor sales when they had the ugle front end and there lack of advertising of the vehicle, accessories etc fitted and avaliable and after sales support and service. Needs Diesel Option & 6speed auto. My 4th and last Subaru...

Less than 13 mpg. instead of Subaru advertised 16mpg
By careviews2

2012 Subaru Tribeca SUV 3.6R Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We bought a 2011 and from the begining had back support problem, we decided since couln't get our money back to get a 2012 (design is better) but now we are stuck with 7 years paying this gas eater.

good looks in and outside.

Better gas mileage