2010 Subaru Tribeca 3.6R Premium Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Subaru Tribeca - Consumer Reviews

2010 Tribeca Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribeca model:

Sort Reviews by

By South Dakota

2010 Subaru Tribeca 3.6R Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I read everything on line about the Tribeca. It was frustrating as many of the reviews contradict each other (e.g. one says there is very little body roll, the brakes are great while another says there is too much body roll and the breaks are spongy). You have to drive it yourself to judge. I was a Chevy Trail Blazer owner (LTZ) and I have to say the Tribeca drives way better, is more responsive, and stops quicker than the trailblazer. Yes, a lot of reviewers say gas mileage is poor on the Tribeca. Indeed, but measure it against any other all wheel drive and none of them are any better (the reviewers seem to compare the all wheel drive of the Tribeca with the 2 wheel drive of other make

Favorite Features

interior design, responsive engine, handling

Suggested Improvements

telescoping steering wheel is a necessity, other things are less necessary but nice: automatic headlights (with a delay when you shut off the car), rain sensitive windshield wipers, and an easier way of changing settings (e.g. via menu choices)

Best car I ever owned !
By walt

2010 Subaru Tribeca 3.6R Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I feel very lucky to have purchased my Tribeca Limited.I get a lot of stares while driving it and it is a true pleasure to drive. The Boxer engine puts out great passing power. I don't always relax when driving it because I'm afraid someone will be on their cell-phone, not pay attention and hit me.My wife test drove the car and a young girl on her phone tried to cut in front of us and almost caused an accident. I love my Subaru!

Favorite Features

Looks, comfort, driving experience, power

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage, cost

Very pleased
By mike

2010 Subaru Tribeca 3.6R Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Traded my 06 2WD Pilot on my Tribeca. Subaru has more comfort,better handling and (2 MPG more) than the Honda. 21-22 Highway and 19-20 around town after 13,000 miles. Best comfort since my Chevy Tahoe. Interior really cool. Love low center of gravity with the boxer engine. Would buy another one next time around.

Favorite Features

Interior design,Exterior styling and Subaru chassis

Suggested Improvements

Additional gear in transmission

1000 miles and here's the verdict
By Jeff Block

2010 Subaru Tribeca 3.6R Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I'm a Subaru newbie. Made the decision to move away from Toyota in favor of the Tribeca based on its looks and features. Having now traveled in the car for over 1000 miles here are my gripes: 1) The steering wheel mounted audio controls are poorly placed. I seem to always change the radio station every time I make a hard turn. 2) Poor gas mileage. Averaging 18.6 highway miles per gallon. 3) I feel no difference from regular drive mode to 'Sport' mode. 4) Fit and Finish on the leather seats is poor. Lots of bunched up spots. 5) Not enough small storage room for sunglasses, wallet, Garmin, etc... 6) The Good-Year tires that it came with stink in the snow! 7) Audio controls are layed out odd

Favorite Features

Heated Seats Nice. Design of front seating compartments make you feel like you're in a kayak. Exterior/Interior design gives the feel/look of a much higher priced car. Rear Backup Camera in the Rear-View mirror is sharp and the lines that help you maneuver into a parking spot are smart.

Suggested Improvements

Needs better gas mileage and more passing oomph. Move the Steering wheel Audio controls to a place that doesn't get easily hit. Heating system always seems to need to be constantly fussed with even when the thermostat is set and you have it an automatic, especially in the winter.