2010 Subaru Tribeca - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribeca model:
2010 Tribeca Ltd - 2,000 mile review
By Roman on 11/13/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Tribeca 3.6R Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

After 2000 miles still love the handling and safe feel of the Tribeca. The leather seats are comfortable, and the power moonroof is nice too. The home-link on the sun visor eliminates all the remote control clutter. Have not setup the Blue-tooth as yet. Getting better mileage then advertised, around 18.5 mpg city, don't know about highway. Would like to see more storage compartments up front - glove box just big enough to hold manual nothing else. I have not tried the transmission in Sport mode - regular mode seems plenty perky and alive.

2000 miles of joy
By Alex K. on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Tribeca 3.6R Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I was looking for 7-seat SUV as well as for luxury, safety and reliability. First I tested Audi Q7, then Acura MDX, Lexus. Then looked at Volvo XC90 and BMW X5. Not decided. Then I went to the dealership for my Forester's regular service and tested Tribeca. I felt just as comfortable in it as in the previous cars. Price was much less so it was done deal. Some complain about fuel economy of Tribeca. But guys, this is not your old little Subaru! This is almost a truck! After about 1200 miles I started getting about 16 mpg in Brooklyn and more than 21 mpg on highway. Just as promised. In line with other vehicles in the class. Also it speeds up really well in sport shift mode.

1000 km Review
By Michael S. on 04/29/10 13:51 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Tribeca 3.6R Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

My family have been loyal Volvo owners for the last 12 years. Given Volvo's current lack of a value proposition we decided to expand our horizons before purchasing a car this year. My checkpoints for our decision were a. needed to be real AWD; b. must accommodate 2 6 ft+ boys comfortably in the back seats; and c. it need to fit our budget. Point A eliminated a bunch of vehicles very quickly. Point B narrowed the list down even further. After looking at Mercedes, Audi, Volvo, VW, Toyota and Nissan's offerings we went off to look at Subaru's offerings on a friends recommendation. We took a 60 minute test drive of the car and came back thrilled with the drive, the space and the value.

By South Dakota on 04/20/10 16:31 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Tribeca 3.6R Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I read everything on line about the Tribeca. It was frustrating as many of the reviews contradict each other (e.g. one says there is very little body roll, the brakes are great while another says there is too much body roll and the breaks are spongy). You have to drive it yourself to judge. I was a Chevy Trail Blazer owner (LTZ) and I have to say the Tribeca drives way better, is more responsive, and stops quicker than the trailblazer. Yes, a lot of reviewers say gas mileage is poor on the Tribeca. Indeed, but measure it against any other all wheel drive and none of them are any better (the reviewers seem to compare the all wheel drive of the Tribeca with the 2 wheel drive of other make

Best car I ever owned !
By walt on 03/20/10 06:26 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Tribeca 3.6R Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I feel very lucky to have purchased my Tribeca Limited.I get a lot of stares while driving it and it is a true pleasure to drive. The Boxer engine puts out great passing power. I don't always relax when driving it because I'm afraid someone will be on their cell-phone, not pay attention and hit me.My wife test drove the car and a young girl on her phone tried to cut in front of us and almost caused an accident. I love my Subaru!

Very pleased
By mike on 03/13/10 16:41 PM (PST)

2010 Subaru Tribeca 3.6R Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Traded my 06 2WD Pilot on my Tribeca. Subaru has more comfort,better handling and (2 MPG more) than the Honda. 21-22 Highway and 19-20 around town after 13,000 miles. Best comfort since my Chevy Tahoe. Interior really cool. Love low center of gravity with the boxer engine. Would buy another one next time around.

1000 miles and here's the verdict
By Jeff Block on 01/12/10 10:57 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Tribeca 3.6R Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I'm a Subaru newbie. Made the decision to move away from Toyota in favor of the Tribeca based on its looks and features. Having now traveled in the car for over 1000 miles here are my gripes: 1) The steering wheel mounted audio controls are poorly placed. I seem to always change the radio station every time I make a hard turn. 2) Poor gas mileage. Averaging 18.6 highway miles per gallon. 3) I feel no difference from regular drive mode to 'Sport' mode. 4) Fit and Finish on the leather seats is poor. Lots of bunched up spots. 5) Not enough small storage room for sunglasses, wallet, Garmin, etc... 6) The Good-Year tires that it came with stink in the snow! 7) Audio controls are layed out odd

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Subaru Tribeca in VA is:

$109 per month*