2010 Subaru Tribeca - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribeca model:
My 1st Subaru is disappointing
By bob636 on 08/08/14 16:23 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Tribeca 3.6R Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I recently purchased a used 2010 Tribeca 3.6 L engine , my first Subaru, and am rather pleased except for a 'howl' in my automatic transmission. The sound changes as goes up through gears and especially noticeable from start through 2nd. Dealer has determined it is the alternator since engine speed also changes as gears change. Cannot believe any auto manufacturer would make their top of the line 'touring' vehicle with this howl or whine as I have been told by others. Either way a defective alternator OR transmission needs to be replaced.

nice package
By lovecars07 on 12/28/11 10:41 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Tribeca 3.6R Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

traded my 2009 Forester XT for a the 2010 Tribeca touring and it was a good decision. Needed a larger car with 2 kids. 3rd row is great for 2 extra passengers.

Nice Upgrade
By lovecars07 on 04/14/11 10:53 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Tribeca 3.6R Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in my 2009 Forester XT and don't regret it at all. The tribeca is overall a much nice SUV. The only thing I miss is teh Turbo in the XT but everything else has been great!

Powerful & Safe AWD Family Car
By Soulcoughin on 11/17/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Tribeca 3.6R Premium 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in '06 Outback for '10 Tribeca due to growing family. We were tired of the limited space in the Outback for rear facing car seats, wanted to upgrade to something with a bit more room. It is a great all around vehicle. The 'beca has plenty of power and handles corners with ease. Seats are wider than in the Outback, which makes long trips much easier on a big guy like myself. Third row is tight, but I was able to fit back there. In reality third row is meant for kids, so not a big issue for us. We purchased the "base" Tribeca, but the vehicle comes with standard features that come as options in competing vehicles such as the Traverse. Overall we have been very happy with our purchase.

2010 Tribeca Ltd - 2,000 mile review
By Roman on 11/13/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Subaru Tribeca 3.6R Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

After 2000 miles still love the handling and safe feel of the Tribeca. The leather seats are comfortable, and the power moonroof is nice too. The home-link on the sun visor eliminates all the remote control clutter. Have not setup the Blue-tooth as yet. Getting better mileage then advertised, around 18.5 mpg city, don't know about highway. Would like to see more storage compartments up front - glove box just big enough to hold manual nothing else. I have not tried the transmission in Sport mode - regular mode seems plenty perky and alive.

Like no Other
By Mike on 11/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Tribeca 3.6R Premium 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

After 8000 km this car is definitely fun at the wheel. With the one of a kind symmetrical AWD this car is firmly planted on the road and while driving I always feel in full control of the vehicle. With a low center of gravity due to the lower placement of the Boxer engine this car does not sway while turning. With two small children safety is a top priority and with the 5 star crash test and safety ratings we could not ask for more. The stylish interior is a sight to behold and with smooth lines it is also very easy to wipe clean. Visibility is great front and back and the over-sized side mirrors are a bonus. Seats are comfortable and firm and on long rides the body stays rested. Great car

Gotta love a Subaru
By GoGators on 10/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Tribeca 3.6R Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is my fourth Subaru so I'm sold on the versatility, reliability, and safety. This Tribeca is great on performance, appearance, and comfort. It ranks number 1 in safety for its class but lacks in the fuel economy. That is probably because this vehicle is heavy and uses the all-wheel drive all the time. The third row seat is nice for children 8 and under but not realistic for adults. However with the third row seat down there is plenty of storage room. My biggest complaints are not having the electronic fold-in mirrors for tight spaces like the garage and better fuel economy. Current at 9,889 miles and no issues.

2000 miles of joy
By Alex K. on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Tribeca 3.6R Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I was looking for 7-seat SUV as well as for luxury, safety and reliability. First I tested Audi Q7, then Acura MDX, Lexus. Then looked at Volvo XC90 and BMW X5. Not decided. Then I went to the dealership for my Forester's regular service and tested Tribeca. I felt just as comfortable in it as in the previous cars. Price was much less so it was done deal. Some complain about fuel economy of Tribeca. But guys, this is not your old little Subaru! This is almost a truck! After about 1200 miles I started getting about 16 mpg in Brooklyn and more than 21 mpg on highway. Just as promised. In line with other vehicles in the class. Also it speeds up really well in sport shift mode.

Safety and 7 passengers at a value price
By Nick on 09/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Tribeca 3.6R Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased a Tribeca because it's the smallest and cheapest seven passenger vehicle with a perfect safety rating from both the federal government and IIHS. It's easy to drive and handles well on city streets, freeways, and winding mountain roads. Engine power and acceleration are more than adequate, although it's certainly no sports car. We've never taken it off road but the ride quality is good on rough pavement. The interior is comfortable on long trips. Climate controls are easy to use. The second row seat is wide enough to actually hold three people in reasonable comfort. Overall I am very happy with the Tribeca. There's nothing else which gives you so many features at the same price.

1000 km Review
By Michael S. on 04/29/10 13:51 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Tribeca 3.6R Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

My family have been loyal Volvo owners for the last 12 years. Given Volvo's current lack of a value proposition we decided to expand our horizons before purchasing a car this year. My checkpoints for our decision were a. needed to be real AWD; b. must accommodate 2 6 ft+ boys comfortably in the back seats; and c. it need to fit our budget. Point A eliminated a bunch of vehicles very quickly. Point B narrowed the list down even further. After looking at Mercedes, Audi, Volvo, VW, Toyota and Nissan's offerings we went off to look at Subaru's offerings on a friends recommendation. We took a 60 minute test drive of the car and came back thrilled with the drive, the space and the value.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Subaru Tribeca in VA is:

$153 per month*