2009 Subaru Tribeca Consumer Review: Not happy!

2009 Subaru Tribeca - Consumer Review

5-Passenger 4dr SUV (3.6L 6-cyl. AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Not happy!
By kari on

2009 Subaru Tribeca 5-Pass 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned four Subaru Outbacks prior to this 2009 Subaru Tribeca and thanks to this nightmare I will never buy another one! We purchased the car brand new. I wanted another Subaru for sure but thought I would try another model. My station wagons NEVER broke down and drove problem free for years. This car had been in the shop due to " check engine" light on within the first eight months. Only to be told it's a faulty sensor and is fine. Yesterday my car lost power at 55 miles per hour- NO STEERING, NO GAS, check engine light back on and all I could was coast off the road. The car had to be towed. Service found the computer needed to be " updated" and now my car should be fine? NIGHTMARE.

I think the car is good looking, comfy- but after my experience I can no longer say this car is SAFE!!! All Subaru can say is the computer system needed some updating?

Computer system, gas mileage, leather seats, slippage of torque converter in 5th gear!