After three Lexus Rxs This is a real gem
By Jim D on
2009 Subaru Tribeca Special Edition 7-Pass 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)
Having leased Lexus RX vehicles for seven years, and enjoying all of them. I took advantage of the opportunity to buy a low mileage Tribeca. While it doesn't have all the features (integrated bluetooth/Nav, express up/down windows, power rear hatch release/keyless entry etc.) it is an extraordinary vehicle that I have come to enjoy very much. Multiple trips to the North woods of Wisconsin have become my second hobby because of the Tribeca. Fit & Finish, features, quality of workmanship, power/safety/great 4x4, Ipod connectivity, great seats, and best of all; it has Japanese quality control, but is assembled in Indiana. I love the car, and it may be my last new car purchase.
Favorite Features
Love the interior layout and features, such as the Ipod connectivity. Great headroom in the car and in entry (much better than my old Lexus). Quick acceleration, strong braking and wonderful handling make this car a comfortable and practical delight to drive. And it is made in the USA.
Suggested Improvements
Poor Nav system (should have more intuitive and less confusing controls and MUCH better resolution and contrast), poor gas mileage and unacceptably small gas tank. Max range is 300 mi on a good day. Should add power liftgate for the rear and express up/down for ALL windows. Needs in trunk spare.