2009 Subaru Tribeca SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribeca model:
Great car
By scott2s on 08/10/13 17:58 PM (PDT)

2009 Subaru Tribeca SUV Special Edition 7-Pass 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I really like this SUV. It drives like a car, handles excellent in the rain and snow and has enough seating for our family. The gas mileage is average for a SUV of this size with AWD but with it would be better. My teen age son prefers to sit in the rear seat and has plenty of space, so not sure why the 3rd row seat gets the bad rap in the Edmonds reviews. This isn't a Suburban and I don't think anyone should expect caverns of storage and lay out seating in a SUV of this size. This is just right for the daily driver and the ocational family road trip. When I need extra storage space I use a $60 hitch mounted storage shelf that I store totes on. Works great to put extra gear.

Disappointed
By ib76 on 05/12/10 21:18 PM (PDT)

2009 Subaru Tribeca SUV Special Edition 7-Pass 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I was very excited about my new car, but only for 2 weeks. I purchased used car with 12,000 miles. Then problems started- rattles and transmission. My new car didn't accelerate well, made strange noises, took it to the dealer, reflushed transmission and after 3 weeks the same problem came back. Extremely disappointed. Suppose to be fun car to drive but turned out to be a complete disaster. After 3 months I traded in my Tribeca, of course lost a lot of money : (.

After three Lexus Rxs This is a real gem
By Jim D on 09/08/09 20:21 PM (PDT)

2009 Subaru Tribeca SUV Special Edition 7-Pass 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Having leased Lexus RX vehicles for seven years, and enjoying all of them. I took advantage of the opportunity to buy a low mileage Tribeca. While it doesn't have all the features (integrated bluetooth/Nav, express up/down windows, power rear hatch release/keyless entry etc.) it is an extraordinary vehicle that I have come to enjoy very much. Multiple trips to the North woods of Wisconsin have become my second hobby because of the Tribeca. Fit & Finish, features, quality of workmanship, power/safety/great 4x4, Ipod connectivity, great seats, and best of all; it has Japanese quality control, but is assembled in Indiana. I love the car, and it may be my last new car purchase.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Subaru Tribeca Suv in VA is:

$110 per month*