Used 2009 Subaru Tribeca Special Edition 5-Passenger SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Subaru Tribeca - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribeca model:

09 Tribeca - Solid, fun car
By Abbey

2009 Subaru Tribeca SUV Special Edition 5-Pass 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Overall the car is well designed - interior and exterior. It is a good replacement for my big SUV but will still be able to get around in the snow and ice very well. Love it so far !!!

Favorite Features

Interior is comfortable, exterior is stylish. Stereo/aux/power outlets are plenty. Quiet, smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage. Integrated Bluetooth. That is more a safety issue in this tech connected world. Auto locking doors and rear view camera that is separate from NAVI - another safety issue. Would suggest a power outlet on the dash since most electronic add ons are mounted in the dash area.

Quality vehicle
By drake

2009 Subaru Tribeca SUV Special Edition 5-Pass 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Overall excellent fit and finish. Very good comfort and performance. Has nice pickup, great turning radius, very good visibility. First Subaru, previous Toyota owner. Very pleased with the quality, reliability, performance and appearance.

Favorite Features

Quality is better than expected, AWD, digital display for time, mileage, etc. Many cupholders, easy to use interior features and convenient dashboard, steering column features, similar to Toyota. Great headroom and interior finish quality.

Suggested Improvements

Telescopic steering column, longer driver side seat for taller drivers. More substantial rear seating.

Excellent Vehicle
By lamda

2009 Subaru Tribeca SUV Special Edition 5-Pass 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I originally searched for a new Jeep to replace the lease we had. We did our research and looked at the Tribeca and loved the interior among many other things. We ended up buying the 5 passenger SE. It definitely has more interior room than our 06 Jeep Commander. You can't find a comparable vehicle for the price, quality and reliability. The vehicle has great pick-up and drives very smooth. Save your time and go look at the Tribeca. You won't be disappointed.

Favorite Features

Smooth drive, quiet, comfortable, awesome interior.

Suggested Improvements

Telescoping steering wheel. Better gas mileage.

A great pleasure
By Chr3s

2009 Subaru Tribeca SUV Special Edition 5-Pass 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We searched for a new Jeep to replace the lease we had and because of the economy we found it was not affordable. I did my research and looked at the Tribeca and fell in love with the interior. We purchased the 5 passenger SE. Sorry but it truly has more space than our old Jeep. The crossover look had some time getting used to but it is one sweet car. This one has great pick-up and very quiet. It looks like a car from the future with its dash and design. I just leased a Honda for myself before I found this one....but I know now what my next car will be if they don't try to improve it!

Favorite Features

Road side assistance is free for 3 years. Design and the fact that without ordering a car with special bells and whistles...it is already there.

Suggested Improvements

If the Tribeca got 100 miles per gallon...ahhh car perfection.