2009 Subaru Tribeca SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribeca model:
Not happy!
By kari on 04/21/10 06:59 AM (PDT)

2009 Subaru Tribeca SUV Limited 5-Pass 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned four Subaru Outbacks prior to this 2009 Subaru Tribeca and thanks to this nightmare I will never buy another one! We purchased the car brand new. I wanted another Subaru for sure but thought I would try another model. My station wagons NEVER broke down and drove problem free for years. This car had been in the shop due to " check engine" light on within the first eight months. Only to be told it's a faulty sensor and is fine. Yesterday my car lost power at 55 miles per hour- NO STEERING, NO GAS, check engine light back on and all I could was coast off the road. The car had to be towed. Service found the computer needed to be " updated" and now my car should be fine? NIGHTMARE.

Outstanding Vehicle
By Len on 10/21/09 14:07 PM (PDT)

2009 Subaru Tribeca SUV Limited 5-Pass 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in a 2007 Lincoln MKZ on my Tribeca. The Tribeca is superior to the Lincoln in every way. It is extremely roomy (professional reviews notwithstanding). Build quality is superb, no rattles, upscale looking, tons of room for passengers and cargo. I also have a 2008 Outback, and I can say that Subaru has it all together. If you are worried about buying American, note that my Lincoln was assembled in Mexico, both my Subarus assembled in Indiana. Which is the "American" car?????

Great bang for our buck
By mkscott2 on 07/20/09 08:52 AM (PDT)

2009 Subaru Tribeca SUV Limited 5-Pass 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Shopped for a new car for 3 years. We knew we were going to get a Subaru, and settled on the Forester, but ended up with Tribeca because of the size of the back seat (can sit between two large carseats comfortably), and a great deal on this model. Initially was not interested in Tribeca because of the high octane fuel requirement, which apparently changed this MY. Took on its first long road trip, and so far has been extremely comfortable and fun to drive. It has everything we were looking for in a long-distance vehicle. The safety features are certainly a great selling point. There aren't many options/accessories that we feel are missing. Nice, solid vehicle!

Not a MiniVan
By steveni1234 on 06/10/09 13:29 PM (PDT)

2009 Subaru Tribeca SUV Limited 5-Pass 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

After test driving CUVs from Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Toyota and Ford, the Subaru was a very pleasant surprise. The engine is very drivable around town and the ride experience is as luxurious as the premium brands. The Tribeca feels more like a car as opposed to the minivan roots of the Toyota Venza and the Ford Edge. Interior room for five is exceptional and rear storage area is huge. Build quality approaches the luxury brands. If you are in the market for a vehicle in this class, test drive them carefully. My experience did not match up with the reviews on this site. It was almost as if the experts were driving different cars!!!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Subaru Tribeca Suv in VA is:

$110 per month*