Won't get me again
By Rich on
2008 Subaru Tribeca Limited 5-Pass 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)
I usually don't write any reviews, but this car is so bad, I thought I owed you (the reader) some advice. Don't buy this car. We bought ours new, and the engine eats oil. Dealer said the engine was 'breaking in'. I am now at 20k on the car, and it eats 1.5 to 2 qts per 1000 miles. Dealer will not help. Also, the A/C is weak. It is barely ok for the front, but on a 5 passenger, there is no rear air. My kids hate it, always hot. Numb steering, brakes fade easily, 'manual' shift is poor when upshifting, interior clunks and rattles like a 30 year old Ford. There is lots of room for improvement, here. Once bitten, twice shy. There, I warned you.
Favorite Features
AWD is nice, but you are lucky to get 20mpg highway; styling is so bland, you are invisible to cops, but sadly, also invisible to cute girls.
Suggested Improvements
Key/remote has range of 10 feet or less, driver seat makes my rear numb on roadtrips, very small gas tank (17 or 18 gal) only about 220 miles per tank. Flat 6 engine is a poor design, oil basically sits in cylinder, and gets burned off. 18" wheels brings lots of road noise.